In the effort to conjure up an eternal summer, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite pieces in the season’s most beloved blue hues. Done in richer, more saturated tones (like cobalt and indigo), this cool shade perfectly transitions right into fall!
The story on how I got to Zappos isn’t really the special part. That’s filled with the normal things you’d find in a life. You know, job after job, college, boyfriends and the like. I could tell you about how I’ve made my journey through Zappos. That’s pretty important to me, but the actual path becomes repetitive after a while. I started in the call center, and had my eye set on my passion. I applied for recruiting and was lucky enough to be accepted. From there, I’ve only grown into a career that I absolutely adore, and that’s being a part of the college recruiting team. That story can be found on the lips of many Zapponians (though it might be different departments).
The special part, however, is what Zappos has done for me on a personal level. Before I came to Zappos, I was a little on the negative side. I had my trials and tribulations through life, as most do, and it left me jaded. I would get angry at things that I couldn’t have control over, and that was usually accompanied by cursing. That doesn’t mean I was a “debbie downer” all the time or wasn’t a good person in general, but I knew I could have a more positive outlook on things. I wanted to be better, but I didn’t know how.
Enter Zappos. Zappos became the first place that felt like home to me in Vegas. I was actually born in Vegas (not raised) and have family here, but it never felt right to be here. Zappos was the first place I came across where I felt like I belonged. I remember walking into my very first day of New Hire Training, and it was like walking into a brand new life. It definitely had the feel of walking into your very first college class freshman year, where everyone kept their heads down and were equally shy, but it felt refreshing.
I met people I could relate to. After all, we all share the same values. In all seriousness though, I am a product of my environment. Those around me affect me. I am a person that needs positive vibes to be able to give off positive vibes. That’s what Zappos did for me.
I have an environment that is conducive to me becoming a better person. I have another family, and that’s my team. These are people I can rely on for anything, inside or outside of work. If I’m having a bad day, I come to work and I feel better within the hour. They are my coworkers, friends, confidants, and they make me want to be a better person. Although, I do still have some troubles with cursing!
Zappos truly brings out the best in me, thanks to the amazing people who make this place the culture haven that it is. When you look at studies on healthy relationships, they say this should definitely be an outcome. Like every relationship, there are ups and downs, good days and bad, but the true test is how you come out in the end.
I don’t ever want to quit being a better person. So I thank you, Zappos, for being an amazing partner, and pushing me to be the very best version of me.
Vacations are awesome, but let’s face it, sometimes the transit to and from your destination can be far from a day at the beach. The good news is there are plenty of items you can pack in your travel bags to make the journey to your blissful summer getaway as stress-free and comfortable as possible.
Below are just a few of our travel must-haves for any warm-weather getaway:
1. LAmade Convertible Tube Dress/ Maxi Skirt – the perfect multitasker to pack for warm destinations.
2. Ray-Ban Aviator Polarized Flash Lenses – a timeless pair of sunglasses that goes with everything? Yup, a total must.
3. Yosi Samra “Samara” Cap Toe Foldable Flats – the perfect shoe to carry around to give your feet a break from uncomfortable heels. Also great for getting in and out of the security lines!
4. San Diego Hat Company Mixed Braid Large Brim Floppy Hat – this blocks your face from the harsh sun AND covers up any hair woes!
5. Supergoop Everyday SPF 30 Sunscreen – a must for every day and especially when you’re out and about more than usual!
6. Herschel Supply Co. Packable Travel Tote Bag – for when you purchase more souvenirs than you anticipated!
7. Alternative “Relay” Raglan Hoodie – don’t get caught in a cold plane cabin without this versatile layering essential!
8. COOLA Suncare Liplux SPF 15 Vanilla Peppermint Lip Balm –airplane cabins are notoriously drying, so keep this handy in your bag at all times!
9. Eagle Creek Pack-It™ Sac Medium – keep all your travel essentials like snacks, chargers and medicine close at hand and all in one place.
10. Sam Edelman “Gigi” Sandals – this super-wearable sandal goes with everything!
Although summer is still in full effect, it’s never too early to start thinking about your budding scholar's back-to-school essentials--starting with the all-important shoes! Whether your kids love to be inventive with their day-to-day looks or wear uniforms to school, we’ve got plenty of kids’ loafers, sneakers, sandals and more from the best brands to keep their growing feet happy and stylish well into the new school year!
Check out a few of our current favorites below!
For even more back-to-school and fall transition styles, check out our Kids’ Boutique.
Adventurous dressing can go one of two ways. It can be a total mess OR it can become an amazing form of self-expression that actually turns heads for all the right reasons. Today’s street style inspiration is a vibrant example of how the bold can also be beautiful (and sexy in that not-trying-so-hard sort of way!)
Check out take on this red-hot ensemble that’s definitely on the more playful side!
street style image source: WGSN
As we head into the peak of summer, our appetite for fun in the sun continues to grow! With this need to get out there and explore comes the need for comfy, wear-all-day shoes for the entire family. That’s where Crocs™ come in! Find your fun by wearing lightweight and versatile Crocs™ on all those family summer adventures!
If you thought Crocs™ was just the iconic Classic Cayman clog, it may be time to take another look! Their feet-friendly and lightweight designs go way beyond the classic Crocs clog to include wearable sandals, loafers, sneakers and of course, adorable kids’ shoes!
Check out some of our latest summer favorites from Crocs™ shoes!
The key to heatproof, humidity-proof summer makeup is simple: less is more. By keeping your makeup light, you’re saving yourself the inevitable face meltdown later in the day!
Below are a few of our summer beauty favorites, from bold summer hues to makeup staples that will not only stand up to the summer heat, but also keep you looking fuss-free and fresh-faced all season long.
1. Essie “Haute in the Heat” Nail Polish – this hot guava pink really packs a punch!
2. Cargo Better-Than-Waterproof™ Mascara- apply one coat for a natural, wide-eyed look without smudging or flaking.
3. Cargo Water Resistant Bronzer- fake a sunkissed glow (and more defined cheekbones) with this long-lasting bronzer!
4. LORAL PRO Matte Lip Color in Coral – a matte bold lip is an easy way to make a statement without a lot of work involved!
5. purminerals Chateau Cheeks Cream Blush – longer lasting that traditional powder blush, a sheer cream blush adds a natural flush to the apples of the cheek.
6. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner- for a bolder eye look without the fuss, smudge this on along the lashline for a soft smokey eye!
7. Stila Stay All Day Prime and Anti-Shine Balm- banish T-zone oil slicks and soften the appearance of pores & imperfections with this silky primer.
8. Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm- even out your complexion with this ingenious multitasker that also packs a powerful SPF 30 for one-step perfection in a snap!
9. Butter London Lippy Liquid Lipstick in “Tea with the Queen” – this soft peach looks great on every skin tone.
Unless you’re part of a very small percentage of women who are blessed with unlimited closet space (P.S. we’re very jealous of you if you belong in that set!), chances are that a versatile wardrobe stands pretty high up on your shopping priority list.
That’s why we’re all about pieces that multitask—going from day to night with a mere swap of accessories & shoes! We take two of the summer’s most essential closet staples, the summer dress and shorts, to show you how easy it can be to get the most mileage out of these beloved pieces.
Who doesn’t love clothes that work overtime? We definitely do!