St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration of Ireland’s unique history and culture celebrated by both the Irish (and those who wish they were!) all over the world. Revelers as far back as the 1680s believed that wearing green clothing made one invisible to leprechauns and fairy creatures, and thus they would be saved from the painful pinches these creatures would bestow on those they could see. In later years, revelers took it upon themselves to pinch those not wearing green, just in case there were no leprechauns around to do it!
These days, we celebrate being Irish (or wanting to be Irish) with green beer, good whiskey, parades, and if we’re really lucky, attending a good cèilidh where we can do all of the above while dancing and drumming the night away. Of course, you’ll want to have an amazing green outfit and gorgeous green accessories to keep those pinches away. Why not look fabulous while hiding from mischievous leprechauns!
I’ve gathered a few great pieces this week to hide you from the wee folk and maybe make a few Irish eyes smile upon ye. Here’s to an amazing and fun St. Patrick’s Day for all! Enjoy amazing company, great food and maybe even some good Irish whiskey. Sláinte!
1. Calvin Klein Plus Size Crew Neck Roll Shirt
2. Vince Camuto Plus Size Short Sleeve Artful Strokes Shift Dress
3. Alex and Ani Lucky Clover Charm Bangle
4. DKNYC Plus Size Side Ruched Blouse
5. Columbia Plus Size Zero Rules Shirt
6. Columbia Plus Size Just Right™ Straight Leg Pant
7. House of Harlow 1960 Classic Station Necklace
8. Furla Lotus Large Carryall Tote
SHOP PLUS SIZE CLOTHING >>
Rocking some amazing looks you’ve seen here on the blog? Tag us in your photos on Twitter and Instagram using #WRW- we would LOVE to see your style!