Birthday pranks are awesome, which is why they are such a common occurrence around here.
By the looks of it, Mauricio had an awesome and messy birthday!
When it comes to fall fragrances, a certain level or richness and warmth is needed to fully embody the spirit of the season. As the crisp and chilly fall air takes over the warm summer air, there’s no better time to change up your signature scent to something a bit richer and more complex.
Here are a few of our favorite fall scents to get you in the mood for a new season:
1. Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao: The first scent to ever use notes of chocolate, this sinfully sweet classic is steeped in rich, dark chocolate, orange zest and Tahitian vanilla.
2. DKNY Pure: This soft vanilla floral is as comforting as a soft cashmere blanket.
3. CK Shock for Men: A decidedly masculine scent with hints of warm musk, tobacco and black pepper cardamom.
4. MICHAEL Michael Kors Gold: Elegance is a gold standard for this alluring floral medley.
6. Calvin Klein Euphoria: This classic oriental scent is so intoxicating and alluring.
10. Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense: This intensely magnetic scent is abundantly wrapped up in amber’s classic warmth.
Kenneth Jay Lane has been a household name for fabulous costume jewelry for decades. In 2009, Kenneth Jay Lane and Jardin created CZ by Kenneth Jay Lane, a line of jewelry that features top-grade cubic zirconia stones.
Each elegant piece in the CZ by Kenneth Jay Lane collection is positively worthy of the red carpet!
1. Jane Tran Large Silk Flower Headband, 2. Jane Tran Butterfly Bobby Pin Set, 3. Jane Tran Twirl Bobby Pin Set, 4. Jane Tran Braided Hempbow Headband, 5. Jane Tran Bead Emblem Flower Headband, 6. Jane Tran Feather Dangle Headband, 7. Jane Tran Sinamay Web Headband
We’re absolutely smitten by the new Jane Tran collection of hair accessories and hair jewelry. From elegant statement headpieces to more subtle bobby pins and headbands, Jane Tran finishes off your look to perfection.
Whether you’re looking for something to punctuate your bridal ensemble or a statement-making piece for that holiday party, Jane Tran hair accessories make for an impeccable finish. The icing on the cake so to speak!
Building strong working relationships among team members starts with a fun and dynamic work environment. When people are encouraged to be themselves and have fun at work, like they are at Zappos, the result is a stronger, more unified team.
Check out my book, The Zappos Experience, for an in-depth look at work-and-play integration within Zappos.
1. Love Quotes Linen scarf in Amethyst, 2. Echo Design Oversized Fair Isle printed scarf in Raspberry, 3. Fossil Vintage Braid belt, 4.Marc by Marc Jacobs Party Heart Charm Belt in Magenta, 5.San Diego Hat Company pleated cap in Brown, 6. Echo Design Everyday Gloves in Grey Heather
We’re starting to get a little sneak peek of fall weather here in Las Vegas, and I couldn’t be more excited to start breaking out my favorite fall accessories!
I’m particularly a big fan of scarves and hats for fall. From bright solids to a boho-tribal print, scarves are a fantastic way to transition your wardrobe into the colder months. A cozy hat or beanie also beats the fall chill, as does a great pair of basic gloves. For cinching in those oversized sweaters and shirt dresses, adding in a fabulous belt finishes off your look perfectly.
What’s your must-have fall accessory?
Maritza L. is a member of our awesome P.E.A.C.E. team, and this week, she is the subject of our Zapponian Spotlight! Maritza’s job is pretty sweet. She focuses on employee engagement and is our in-house events planner for the Zappos Family!
Cool random fact: Maritza's picture has made it into Rolling Stone Magazine, not once but twice!
Read on to learn more about this cheerful Zapponian!
Pick 3 words to describe your personal style.
M: Fun, Colorful, and Relaxed
Who is your favorite musician or band?
M: I love Alkaline Trio! They are a punk-rock band from the streets of San Francisco. I’ve been planning on marrying the lead singer for years now, however, I’m married and he’s married, so I’m in my ‘waiting period’ right now. Maritza Skiba… that has a nice ring to it, right??
Name 3 things you never leave home without
M: My phone, my wallet, and a great tube of super glossy lip gloss.
If you could have dinner with one famous person, who would it be?
M: Oprah. She’s my idol, my role model, and she’s everything I want to be when I grow-up.
What’s the weirdest thing to ever happen to you?
M: I was on vacation in Oahu, Hawaii, and I went to the North Shore for some amazing shave ice. No kidding, I’m in the shave ice place for like five minutes, and I run into someone I know from Las Vegas. We just kind of stood there for a second, and we both couldn’t believe that we were meeting again. I ended up telling her that it looks like we were meant to be friends!
What’s your favorite part about working at Zappos?
M: I get to plan events, grant wishes, and just have fun every day. Sometimes I can’t believe I’m so lucky to be doing what I do for a living. Yes, it’s crazy, hectic, and sometimes stressful, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
1. Converse Kids Chuck Taylor® All Star® Weather Boot Hi, 2. Kenneth Cole Reaction Kids Bid Air Well, 3. 2 Lips Too Drifter , 4. Primigi Kids Groungy, 5. Cole Haan Kids Air Brandon Hiker, 6. Converse Kids Chuck Taylor® All Star® Sneaker Boot Hi
October is finally upon us, and fall is in full force. Help your little ones transition their style into the cooler months with a great pair of boots! Zappos Kids’ has a great selection of on-trend boots to choose from this season. Whether you’ve got a little fashionista or a dapper little gentleman on your hands, we’ve got the boots that they’ll love to show off.
A clearly defined culture and core value system is reflected in how Zappos hires their employees. Hiring for culture fit helps maintain the integrity of their unique company culture and core values. This ensures the perfect fit on both a professional and personal level!
Check out my book, The Zappos Experience, for an in-depth look at the Zappos company culture.
The utilitarian backpack has sure come a long way! Today’s iteration of the carry-all backpack is infinitely more chic and wearable than the ones you carried around at school.
Check out some of our latest faves in fashion-minded backpacks:
1. Dooney & Bourke Nylon Backpack: Slightly preppy and utterly classic, this pristine backpack exudes effortless style.
2. Dooney & Bourke Classic Plaid Backpack: Done in timeless plaid, the same Dooney backpack gets that classic prep school-chic feel.
3. Vera Bradley Stitched Backpack: Carry all your essentials and then some in this easy-to-wear weekend backpack.
4. Fossil Emilia Frame Backpack: We adore the structured shape and menswear-inspired feel of this.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Knapsack: An essential for the casual city girl, this offbeat backpack is as cool as it is roomy.
6. LeSportsac Voyager Backpack: Perfect for travel, this durable and lightweight pack has pockets galore to keep you organized.
In The Zappos Experience, I take you beyond just the offbeat company culture that Zappos.com is known for. It’s a behind-the-scenes look at the service-centric culture and company core values that have allowed Zappos to revolutionize the online retail industry.
For you skate enthusiasts out there, the superior grip and durability of the Ipath Vibram® outsoles are second to none! The result is enhanced board control and response; not to mention, just an all-around comfortable shoe for whatever the day brings.
The Zappos Wishez program was established over a year ago, and since then there have been a wide array of wishes granted by our fellow Zapponians. Sometimes, it's as simple as a cute little Gremlin doll that talks! This is what Lisette M. from the ZCLT graveyard team wished for, and a little "wish fairy" granted her wish and made her day!
This goes to show that it doesn't necessarily take a huge act of kindness to make someone smile! Every little thing counts!
Today is the first day of Customer Service Week, and we thought, what better way to kick it off than with the first ever ZCLT Stories!
We have a saying here in the Zappos Family that goes: “Zappos is a service company that just happens to sell… (you name it!)” . Part of that dedication to our customer service is illustrated in large part by our wonderful ZCLT family (Zappos Customer Loyalty Team). That’s why we decided to honor them by creating ZCLT Stories-a video series to share some pretty incredible stories that happen day after day in our customer loyalty floor.
This first edition of ZCLT Stories was inspired by one of the longest customer call times on record. (Did we mention that our ZCLT reps don’t have maximum call times or scripts?)
ZCLT rep Pua shares her story of the phone call that went down in Zappos history!
Special thanks to: Pua M., Vanessa L. (as Pua), Pat W. (as the customer), and to Chris AKA “Gonzo” for filming and editing the video.
One of the hottest outerwear trends this season is the chic and vintage-inspired cape. I’ve gotten a few questions about what things to wear cape coats over. So naturally, we decided to feature it in today’s Send it to Brooke!
The cape looks best when worn over slimmer-fitting pieces to balance out its tent-like shape.
A colored skinny jean and basic long-sleeve tee looks effortlessly cool underneath the cape coat. Top things off with a fabulous knee-high boot and an on-trend fur handbag to up the glam factor.
© 2007-2012 Zappos.com, Inc.