For me, my favorite thing about spring is that it is a time of new beginnings where we can re-evaluate what we’ve done so far this year, and a great opportunity to get rid of all the lumpy, dumpy clothes, heavy coats and dark sweaters. Oh, and I get to celebrate my birthday in the spring!
Something about spring always makes me want to wear dresses, preferably ones from Poppy & Bloom, BB Dakota, and Rachel Pally, spin around in circles, walk barefoot in the grass and just be outside with friends and family, whether for cocktails on a patio or at the park.
I am absolutely in love with the dusty, mature pastels many designers are featuring this year. These soft, gentle pops of color brighten your day without making you feel like a jellybean. They also transition beautifully to summer and even into the fall. Jag Jeans capris and DKNY Jeans shorts are perfect for enjoying those concerts in the park or just relaxing as the little ones gather bouquets of dandelions and purple clovers.
Since the days start out cooler before warming up midday, I love to ease into the season with light layers and three-quarter length sleeves. The added protection from the sun is just a bonus for people who burn at the mere thought of the sun, like me! Speaking of protection, a great sun hat is not only a fabulous fashion statement, it keeps your face and neck protected, and in the long run, looking younger for years! Round out your look this season with an incredibly gorgeous, soft pastel leather handbag, whether in a hobo bag like the one featured below from COACH, or a tote bag for the beach.
1. BB Dakota Plus Size Parson Knit
2. Karen Kane Plus Size Lace Tank Top
3. DKNY Jeans Plus Size Eyelet and Lace Top
4. Poppy & Bloom Ladies Who Lunch Dress
5. BB Dakota Plus Size Parry Dress
6. Rachel Pally Plus Long Sleeveless Caftan Dress
7. Marika Curves Plus Size Whitney Cascade Cardigan
8. COACH Pebbled Leather Scout Hobo
9. Goorin Brothers Mrs. Davis Hat
10. DKNY Jeans Plus Size Ludlow Shorts
11. Jag Jeans Plus Size Caley Pull-on Crop Pant
12. BB Dakota Plus Size Noreen Skirt
I hope you are as inspired to leave behind the dark and dreary days of winter as I am by these pieces. If you’re rocking any of the amazing pieces you’ve seen here on the blog, please tag us in your photos on Twitter and Instagram using #WRW- we would LOVE to see your style!