The idea of “less is more” certainly applies to our summer makeup routine. Heat and humidity happen to be two of makeup’s biggest nemesis, so it’s best to keep your makeup on the lighter side.
The right products + the right application can really mean the difference between looking fresh-faced throughout the day versus a mid-day makeup meltdown (that’s never good!).
Below are some summer makeup essentials that leave you looking fabulous without looking too made up:
1. LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer - minimizes the appearance of pores and creates a perfect matte canvas for the rest of your makeup.
2. Cargo SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer-an oil-free formula loaded with skin-loving minerals and light-diffusing pigments to blur imperfections.
3. Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal- covers stubborn spots and dark circles with a smooth, airbrushed finish that's super blendable.
4. Stila Liquid All Over Shimmer- adds a soft, ethereal glow on the cheekbones and browbone.
5. POPbeauty No Show/No Shine Powder- a light-as-air powder that undetectably sets your makeup with a natural matte finish.
6. LORAC Tantalizer Highlighter + Matte Bronzer Duo- gives the face gorgeous contour for that coveted back-from-the-beach glow (minus the harmful rays!)
7. theBalm Instain Blush in Petal Pink - a long-lasting blush that withstands humid conditions...in the prettiest shade of pink!
8. Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Shadow/Liner in Smoke- the easiest way to achieve an effortless smoky eye that stays put way past dinnertime!
9. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Teal- creates a pop of sea-inspired color without being overdone. Perfect for pool days! TIP: Draw a thick line along your top lashes and smudge lightly.
10. Cargo Better-Than-Waterproof Mascara- won't run, smudge or flake off--even through the most humid summer days.
11. philosophy Kiss Me Color Lipgloss in Coral- finishes off your lips with a beautifully tinted shine that's never sticky. A real makeup bag essential!