The core of Kennebunk Home is on the high-quality yarns used on their beautiful throw blankets. Every piece is made in America, in the same New Hampshire factory where Kennebunk got its name. These cozy and super soft throws are perfect for any décor, from a cabin home to a contemporary living room. Envelop yourself in the luxury and comfort of Kennebunk Home throws.
Zappos Blogs: Housewares
In business for over 186 years, Reed & Barton is one of the country's foremost marketers of fine tableware and giftware. Stylish entertaining starts with great flatware, stemware and of course, the perfect tabletop presentation. Reed & Barton creates a fine selection of silver and stainless steel flatware, along with everything the discerning host needs to make the most of the at-home dining experience.
There’s nothing quite like enjoying a nice glass of wine with dinner. It’s the pillar of a fine meal which marks a time to connect and share with friends and family.
Spiegelau™ toasts those who venture to experience the fullness of life. They are dedicated to producing the very best wine glasses possible, merging quality, aesthetics and a good value. Spiegelau™ carries a great selection of not just wine glasses, but martini, beer and cocktail glasses to make any gathering cheer-worthy.
Now that all those indulgent holiday meals are history, it’s time to get back on track with sensible eating. When it comes to whipping up healthy home-cooked meals, a little bit of help in the kitchen sure goes a long way! Check out some of our favorite kitchen essentials to start off 2012 on road to healthy eating:
1. Joseph Joseph Salad Bowl w/ Servers: We love the clever and modern design of this generously-sized salad bowl! It’s perfect for dinner parties.
2. Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Bronze 12” Wok: Cook perfect stir frys without using a ton of oil in this essential nonstick wok.
3. OXO Little Salad & Herb Spinner: Making salad for two? This handy tool makes sure your salads are restaurant-perfect every time!
4. Cuisinart Elite Collection® 14-Cup Food Processor: Talk about versatility! This powerful machine makes creating an entire meal fast and simple.
5. Kitchenaid 5-Speed Metallic Series Blender: This not only makes perfect smoothies, it’s also great for homemade soups and sauces!
6. DeLonghi Indoor Grill/Broiler: We love this for grilling up chicken and seafood for delicious salads.
Whether it’s entertaining for the holidays or just a small “just because” gathering of friends, the host and hostess definitely deserve a round of cheers. Show them your appreciation with gifts that will make those home gatherings even more special.
1. Riedel “O” Single Decanter: This artfully handmade decanter is perfectly proportioned to hold a single bottle of wine.
2. Highbury Encore Wine Goblet Set: Make it a special toast with these lovely handmade goblets.
3. Highbury “Bistro de Paris” Dinner Plate Set: These Parisian-chic plates are perfect for all those lunch gatherings.
4. Le Creuset Whistling Kettle: After-dinner tea will be even better with these classic kettles.
5. Vera Bradley Cocktail Party Napkins: These colorful fabric napkins come in a variety of distinctive prints. They liven up any plate setting!
6. Home Source International Supima® Cotton 6-Piece Towel Set: They’ll love how soft and durable these towels are!
7. MOR Cosmetics Emporium Candles: We love the 24K gold stamped design and ready-to-give packaging just as much as the lovely scent of this candle.
8. Vera Bradley Ornament Trio: Beautifully packaged in a matching display case, these ornate ornaments will make their tree shine with style.
9. MOR Cosmetics Essentially Yours Gift Set: This pampering duo is perfect to fancy up the guest bathroom.
1. Le Creuset of 4 Stonewear Cocottes w/ Cookbook, 2. KitchenAid 5-Quart Artisan Stand Mixer, 3. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, 4. Nordic Ware Snowman Cake Mold, 5. Calphalon Classic Jelly Roll & Brownie Pan Combo, 6. Emile Henry Le Grande 12" Pie Dish
One of our favorite things about the holiday season is the liberty to indulge in our favorite desserts. Diets can wait until the New Year! That’s what resolutions are for, right?
Why not get the baker in your life (or yourself) a gift that keeps on giving with some of the best baking tools around?
In the spirit of sweet indulgence, check out this delicious recipe for a classic pecan pie!
Irresistible Pecan Pie by IHART44
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup butter, chilled
4 tablespoons ice water
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed
1 cup pecans, quartered
1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To make pie filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, and then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm; let cool for one hour before serving.
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com®
1.Riedel Happy "O" Wine Tumblers, 2. Swissmar Noirmont 10-Piece Meat Fondue Set, 3. BIA Cordon Bleu Cheese Markers, 4. BIA Cordon Bleu Wavy Cake Stand, 5. OXO Stainless Steel Winged Cork Screw, 6. Oenophilia Bamboo Cheese Set, 7. BIA Cordon Bleu Jumbo Egg Plate
With the hectic holiday season upon us, it’s even more important to remember to slow down and enjoy the finer things in life, like enjoying good wine and good eats with your closest friends.
We suggest throwing a little wine and appetizer party in lieu of (or in addition to) a big Thanksgiving dinner. It’s a great way to spend some quality time catching up with friends on a smaller scale amidst all the big holiday festivities you all have going on!
Try this delicious and easy recipe for deviled eggs for your next get together:
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs by USEREMILY3260*
½ cup mayo
4 slices of bacon
2 tablespoons of finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon mustard
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover,and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. To cool more quickly, rinse eggs under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Alternatively, wrap bacon in paper towels and cook in the microwave for about 1 minute per slice. Crumble and set aside.
- Peel the hard-cooked eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small bowl. Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, crumbled bacon and cheese. Stir in mustard. Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and refrigerate until serving.
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com®
Time is a hot commodity during the holiday season. That’s why we love anything that helps us save time, particularly in the kitchen.
Whipping up those holiday meals will be a snap with some of our favorite kitchen time savers:
1. Cuisinart Smartstick® Hand Blender: Cut down on the number of dirty bowls you use when whipping and blending with this versatile gadget.
2. Kitchenaid 12-Cup Food Processor: Chop, blend, mince and mix your way into culinary perfection with this powerful must-have tool.
3. Bodum Eileen French Press 4-Cup Coffee Maker: This aesthetically-pleasing coffee maker lets you to brew a delicious cup of coffee on the go!
4. OXO Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer: This versatile and handy slicer comes with three different blades and a soft-touch dial to adjust slice thickness. From making homemade fries to fresh veggies for dipping, this tool is a definite must have.