Bill McInnis, head of advanced innovation at Reebok, goes through the RealFlex Transition 2.0’s awesome features:
Zappos Blogs: Running
The inspiration behind Newton Running®, as well the brand’s name, was Sir Isaac Newton and his third law of motion, which states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
A leader in natural running, Newton believes that maintaining natural running form without being barefoot requires a shoe that allows the foot to connect with the ground as though it is shoeless. Any geometric change interferes with the natural gait, which is why every shoe is built on a level platform that mimics the foot’s natural geometry. Unhindered, flexible movement is essential, as long as the shoe is still protective enough to prevent injury over harsh terrain.
So who are Newton running shoes for? They are for runners who are already mid-foot or forefoot strikers, as well as those who are working on transitioning from heel striking to a more natural running form.
Slip into a Newton running shoe and experience the science of motion.
Today is National Running Day! Throw on your running shoes and start training for the Zappos.com Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon and ½ Marathon. Our friends from Rock n’ Roll Marathon got a taste of the Zappos VIP treatment when they toured our office. They also took a couple of photos of the flier around the office to get everyone excited for this year's marathon!
Zappos HQ gets ready for the Rock n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon! Left: The VIP Throne Right: Tony Hsieh's desk inside "Monkey Row"
Don’t miss out on this unique nighttime marathon experience! Register today at www.stripatnight.com.
Registration is now open for the Zappos.com Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon & ½ Marathon. This is YOUR chance to experience Vegas like never before!
Don’t miss out - CLICK HERE to register today!
Based on the Italian word "Senza" meaning to be "without", so too should athletes be "without limits." Zensah® was created to help athletes of all levels improve their performance and train without limits. Zensah® is dedicated to developing innovative products that wow and inspire every athlete to achieve their goals without limitation. While other compression brands have taken medical compression and repackaged it to athletes, Zensah® has engineered advanced athletic compression technology.
Break free of that old treadmill rut and take your runs on a more scenic trail this season with Vivobarefoot’s patented minimal trail runners. From the beach to rocky riverbeds, trail running with one of their lightweight shoes allows for a more natural range of motion with maximum sensory feedback-- all while staying protected from the elements.
Hailed as an Editor’s Choice by Endurance Sports Media Group in their Spring 2012 Shoe Guide, the adiZero Boston 3 is a lightweight neutral trainer that’s built for speed. The lower heel drop gives it that racing-flat feel but with enhanced cushioning and wider toe box. It’s perfect for every type of training—from long runs to tempo runs.
Building on their learned experiences since 2009 in closing and staging the Zappos.com Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas Marathon on the famed Las Vegas Strip, Competitor Group has developed a plan with the City of Las Vegas, Clark County and the businesses on The Strip that will accommodate the race’s growing popularity. The Competitor Group is committed to producing a seamless event that results in a world-class runner experience.
Check out the following changes to the 2012 event:
1. Fully Dedicated Marathon Course:
-Longer and earlier closure times of The Strip.
-New start times: 3:00 pm for the Full Marathon and 4:30 pm for the Half Marathon.
-2012 courses will merge together at approximately mile 10.6 (half-marathon) and mile 23.7 (full marathon).
-Marathon-only lane for the last 2.5 miles of the course through fixed barricades, and clear separation between full and half marathon athletes.
2. New, Improved Start Village
-Start Village will now be located at the The Luxor (East side of Las Vegas Blvd between Hacienda and Reno).
- Improved layout offers participants more entrances to access the Start Line on Las Vegas Blvd. This will greatly assist runners locating and entering their designated corrals.
3. New, Mid-Strip Finish Line Location
- New finish line location on Las Vegas Boulevard (near Caesar’s Palace & The Mirage) allows participants will be able to walk back to their respective hotel.
- The total secure zone footprint is increasing from approximately 60,000 square feet to 86,000 square feet.
- Gear Check will be located before exiting the secure zone. Locations will be split to decrease the amount of runner traffic and wait times.
4. Extended Wave Start Timeline
- Wave start in 2012 will increase from 45 minutes to 90 minutes.
- Two to three minutes between corrals will be implemented to ensure appropriate spacing throughout the entire race experience.
5. Increased Security of Corrals
- Increased security managing corral access to ensure participants are starting in their properly assigned corrals.
6. Improved Water Station Service
The study from the Southern Nevada Water Board and the Southern Nevada Health District proved conclusively there was no contamination from the water source used on the course in 2011.
- Additional element of quality assurance to the on-course hydration.
- Partnering with industry expert WaterMonster to deliver potable drinking water and Gatorade.
- Additional strict, visible sanitary requirements will be implemented through volunteers and WaterMonster.
7. Bigger and Better Health & Fitness Expo
- The Health & Fitness Expo will be at the Sands Expo and Convention Center– 50,000+ additional square feet with a separate entrance and exit, to provide more space for all expo visitors.
- Special incentives and prizes offered to participants who visit the Expo on Friday. More detail on this exciting program to come soon!
© 2007-2012 Zappos.com, Inc.