Every DIY bride knows that it’s all in the details, right down to your wedding-day beauty regimen. Your wedding will be one of the most photographed events of your life, so getting ready for those close-up moments is definitely worth the extra effort!
Here are some tips for putting your best face forward on the big day:
Practice makes perfect: Just like if you were to go to a makeup artist, it’s important to do a “trial run” for your day-of makeup look. You want to make sure everything looks natural and flawless, and that your makeup can withstand the entire day!
Skin Prep: To get the perfect canvas, great skincare is key. Treat yourself to weekly at-home facials prior to the wedding. Stress can cause flair ups, so make sure to take extra good care of your skin during the hectic planning phase- exfoliate daily, eat a nutrient-rich diet of fruits and veggies, get plenty of sleep, and drink LOTS of water!
More is NOT more! : Keep your makeup simple and natural. You want to enhance your natural beauty, not mask it behind layers of makeup. The key is to look like you, but better.
Don’t overdo the powder or you’ll risk looking lackluster. With a big powder brush, lightly dust a sheer finishing powder to seal your foundation.
A few strategic strokes of highlighter/luminizer in the inner corners of your eyes, brow bone and along the cheekbones goes a long way in making you look fresh and glowing. Don’t go shimmer-crazy or you could end up looking like a disco ball in your photos!
Check out some of our bridal beauty picks below to help you look picture-perfect on the big day:
1. philosophy The Microdelivery Peel – an at-home microdermabrasion treatment that reveals smooth, glowing skin for your big day.
3. philosophy The Present Invisable Skin Protector/Makeup Primer- a multitasking primer that gives a flawless, airbrushed canvas for foundation.
4. Deborah Lippmann "Shape of My Heart" Nail Polish- a pretty pale pink that’s perfect for the blushing bride.
6. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Lionfish- this brown eyeliner with a slight shimmer gives a more natural look than black liner.
7. purminerals Eyeshadow Trio in Classic Beauty- a trio of easy-to-wear neutrals to accent the eyes.
8. Cargo Lip Gloss in Fresno- the perfect creamy pink pout that stays on with a high-shine finish.
9. LORAC Natural Performance Foundation- its gentle, paraben-free formula goes on smooth and lasts all day.
10. Cargo blu-ray Blush/Highlighter- a natural peachy-pink blush that brings out your cheek’s radiance.
11. LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer- keeps your eye shadow from fading and creasing halfway through the reception!