Two Ten Footwear Foundation has supported the footwear industry and their families for over 70 years by providing financial relief, social services, scholarships and so much more. To support Two Ten, we are launching Zappos 4-210, a fundraiser to help their relief efforts. Almost 100 of our brands are participating and have pledged to donate to Two Ten. Some brands are making a flat donation, while others will donate $1 per item from all or a portion of their sales on Zappos.com during the month of August.
About Two Ten:
Two Ten Footwear Foundation began as a community of footwear people helping each other at 210 Lincoln Street in Boston, MA. Now, nearly 75 years later, Two Ten continues its mission to provide services and programs to shoe people in need. The Foundation is funded solely by companies and individuals within the footwear industry. Two Ten is one of a kind -- in any industry.
- In 2012, Two Ten fielded more than 1800 calls for help;
- Last year, $1.74 million was given in financial assistance to more than 1,400 footwear families;
- Staff responds to calls for help within 48 hours, often as soon as within 24 hours;
- Financial assistance is provided for housing, utilities, car repairs and medical assistance during times of crisis
- Counseling services and community resource referrals are also provided.
- Started in 1969, over $18 million in higher education scholarships has been awarded to about 7,000 students;
- Footwear Design Scholarships are awarded to those students studying footwear design.
Two Ten fosters community building and volunteerism within the industry, such as:
- Women In Footwear Industry (WIFI) – With the mission to inspire, support, mentor and educate women in footwear, Two Ten WIFI looks to advance emerging and established women leaders;
- Young Professionals for 210 (YP210) – Offers social networking opportunities and events to engage the next generation of footwear professionals;
- #footwearcares – an entire month of community service activities for the footwear industry designed to provide positive impact through neighborhoods and communities across the country.
- HR Leadership Committee – Two Ten creates networking for Human Resources Professionals that work to strengthen the footwear community.