In an exciting new collaboration with People StyleWatch, Glance by Zappos is featuring their editors’ top picks for spring from Zappos.com! Every Tuesday, we are sharing a new collection handpicked by a People StyleWatch editor. You can also check out some of their top Zappos picks in the latest issue of People StyleWatch, in newsstands today!
Zappos Blogs: accessories
Roses are red, violets are blue…but sometimes you need something more than the regular ol’ roses-and-chocolates gift on Valentine’s Day! Whether it’s your soul mate or your BFF, Valentine's Day is a great excuse to celebrate the ones you love and show them how much you care. And what’s more thoughtful than a gift that lasts more than a few days? (Sorry, roses!)
We’re not saying flowers aren’t great, but these highly giftable accessories are perfect for surprising that special person (or special people) in your life with an anything-but-garden-variety gift on Valentine's Day!
Below are a few easy gift ideas they’re sure to adore.
Well, we made it! A whole new year is upon us, and with it comes a universally renewed enthusiasm towards our fitness goals. A few of us here at the Zappos headquarters are just as excited about all great possibility 2015 has in store—new hiking trails to discover, personal records to break, new breakthroughs in yoga practice… It’s certainly a great time to recommit to a healthier lifestyle!
Below, five Zapponians, including yours truly, open up our gym bags to share our most essential fitness gear that help enhance and improve our favorite physical endeavors.
Read on to take a peek inside our bags and fitness routines!
1. SunCloud Polarized Optics “Standby” Sunglasses – “Having sensitive eyes, polarized shades are a must! They cut glare and just makes everything around me look prettier.”
2. Columbia Arcadia II™ Jacket – “This folds up nice and compact. Makes a decent extra layer in case of rain or wind—or both!”
3. Salomon XR Mission W – “I prefer trail runners for their flexibility, and this one has great grip!”
4. Thorlos Experia Socks – “As dorky as they may look, I prefer a higher-cut sock so my shoes don’t rub my ankles.”
5. Under Armour UA Perfect Headband – “I have short hair, and this one stays in place.”
6. Mountain Hardware Mountain Abbey Scarf – “I like a scarf that’s big enough to wrap around me to keep in warmth when I need it.”
7. Osprey Viper 9 Hydration Backpack – “This holds three liters of water plus it’s big enough to hold all the necessities for a short day hike.”
1. Osprey Verve 9 Backpack – “This one is great for trail runs and hiking. It holds all the essentials and then some.”
2. The North Face Standard Issue Ear Gear – “I love this for those cold outdoor runs. It keeps your ears warm and your hair in place.”
3. Nike Pro Indy Bra – “This offers great support and comfort. Everything stays in place even during long runs.”
4. New Balance W1400 – “I love this shoe for my shorter runs!”
5. Nike Pro Capri – “These stay put and are super comfortable!”
6. Saucony Isoseries Triumph – “This one’s my go-to shoe for long-distance running.”
7. Zensah Running Headband – “Cute enough to wear after running and keeps your hair off your face.”
1. Manduka Go Free Yoga Mat Backpack – “I love that this backpack holds a yoga mat vertically! And it's super roomy, so it can hold a change of outfit, too!”
2. Manduka Waterfall rSkidless® by yogitoes – “When things get sweaty during ashtanga practice (and they usually do!), a yoga towel is downright essential to keep from slipping in the poses. It also helps during restorative floor poses so you're not lying down in a puddle of sweat!”
3. ALO Brook Long Sleeve Top – “Oftentimes, I have to run random errands right after class, so this cute sweater is perfect to layer over my yoga outfit.”
4. Gaiam Sol Shakti Rubber Yoga Mat 4mm – “I love this mat because it’s so durable yet light.”
5. Manduka Yoga 10’ Strap – “A yoga strap is a great tool for working on flexibility as well as stabilizing & strengthening your shoulder girdle during arm balances.”
6. MPG Sport Charisma Pants – “Printed yoga pants are not only great for on the mat, but they look great off the mat with some cute sneakers.”
7. Nike Core Hydro Flow Water Bottle – “Staying hydrated before and after practice is so important, especially when you've been doing a lot of detoxifying twists!”
8. Manduka Cork Yoga Block – “Whether it's gaining more length during half moon pose or increasing the depth of forward stretches, a yoga block can be your best friend during practice.”
9. Prana Reversible Headband – “Focus (or "drishti") is paramount in any yoga practice, but a few sweaty strands over your face can break the concentration of even the most seasoned yogis...so a headband is always a good idea.”
1. Nike Legend Track Tote – “This has a handy adjustable strap with a convenient two-way zip AND it’s water resistant!”
2. Louis Garneau X-Lite Helmet – “The air vents on this helmet keeps you cool and I love the pink and black colors!”
3. Nathan SpeedFeed Box (Race Day) – “This is a great way to keep your nutrition source within a short reach.”
4. Nathan Icon 24oz Fire & Ice Bottle w/ SpeedLock Race Cap – “This bottle keeps water nice and cool, so you stay hydrated throughout your ride.”
5. Shimano Cycling Shoes – “These are great lightweight road shoes and perfect for spin class.”
6. Suunto Ambit 3 Sport Heart Rate Sport Watch – “This watch has everything you would need in a multisport watch and is great at logging all of your training goals online.”
7. Tifosi Optics Tyrant™ 2.0 Fotobec Sunglasses – “If you start riding early in the morning and the sun isn’t so bright, you can wear these glasses. As the sun comes up, they darken to block the light!”
8. Pearl Izumi ELITE Gel Glove – “I love the cushion these gloves offer with great venting.”
1. Under Armour UA Gotta Have It Tote – “This holds everything I need and more. It can even go from the gym to the office or works as an overnight bag!”
2. CamelBak eddy™ 1-Liter Bottle – “I have gone through more water bottles than I can count, and CamelBak is the best. They never leak and can take a beating if you are like me and prone to dropping or tossing your bottle.”
3. Saucony Kinvara 5 – “Lightweight with just enough support. A reliable runner for speed-work days.”
4. inov-8 F-Lite™ 240 Sneakers – “Rope climbs can tear through your road runners or training shoes. The rope tech on the F-Lites really works to keep your shoes intact!”
5. Under Armour UA Reflective Mini Headbands – “Essential for keeping your hair out of your face mid burpee.”
6. Feetures Elite Ultra Light No Show Tab Socks – “These super lightweight socks offer great support. They are no-show socks but never slips off the heel! They’re anatomically fitted for each foot and the seams never bunch or rub.”
7. Trigger Point the GRID – “This is an essential for keeping your muscles going and off the injury list. The size is perfect for your duffel bag.”
8. Chaco Flip EcoTread™ – “Nothing beats a Chaco flip flop post workout. It offers more support than a regular sandal, and it feels like a foot massage while it allows your toes to stretch!”
9. Under Armour UA Escape Coldgear® Infrared Glove – “These are great for those cold warehouse gyms or outdoor workouts.”
One of the easiest (and cost-effective) ways spruce up any wardrobe is with the addition of scarves. Depending on the look you’re going for, there are different scarf types to achieve it. For instance, if you’re going for an effortless grab-and-go option on those cold days, a chunky knit infinity scarf is a great way to go. If you’re just looking to add a pop of color to an office outfit, vibrant square scarf adds a totally chic Jackie O-inspired vibe.
Check out a few of our favorite scarves and some helpful tips on how to wear them!
OBLONG (Rectangle) SCARVES: This is the most versatile scarf type, allowing plenty of inventive ways to wear depending on your ensemble!
INFINITY/ETERNITY SCARVES: This easy-to-wear scarf takes out all the guesswork and fuss! Just throw on for a relaxed look or loop a couple of times for a cozier fit.
WRAP/SHAWL: This is perfect for those chilly but not-quite-cold nights out! Just throw on over your shoulder and go. Also makes for a fabulous travel companion in the plane as it can double as a light blanket!
SQUARE SCARVES: Whether draped loosely over your shoulders or worn as a headwrap, this versatile scarf adds a bit of retro style to your look.
For over 35 years, California-based fine jewelry and watch brand ALOR® jewelry has been the largest global designer and manufacturer of luxury stainless steel and 18 karat gold jewelry. Known for its laid-back luxurious appeal and its signature braided chord designs, ALOR® jewelry lives by casual simplicity but employs high fashion inspiration.
Made with the contemporary woman in mind, ALOR® jewelry is constructed of the finest materials and revered attention to detail and craftsmanship. Designer and Chairman Jack Zemer and his wife, ALOR® President Sandy Zemer, have created an artful collaboration of timeless yet modern pieces in their family business devoted to women. They bring to their stylish customer a gorgeous array of rings, earrings, bracelets, fine watches, necklaces, bangles, and cuff links. ALOR® honors a commitment of honor and value to its customers through its slogan: “It's about time, it's about me™.”
No matter what the season, there always seems to be a need for hosiery and socks to keep your feet and legs looking and feeling in top shape. For cold days, we have a great selection of tights, legwarmers and winter socks that add both warmth and style to any wardrobe.
For active lifestyles, we also carry a wide array of socks for every activity—from running, hiking, yoga and more! Of course, we can’t forget about date nights and special occasions. We have dress hosiery and tights for every look. Whether you’re looking for sexy, sheer tights to simple opaque leggings, we’ve got your legs covered.
Check out a few of our picks:
For the gym/running/hiking/training/yoga:
For dressing up:
For cold days:
The scarf really is an amazing accessory. It adds warmth on cold days, style and coverage on sunny days, and can even keep a bad hair day under wraps!
Below we show you some wonderful ways to wear three popular styles of scarves for any weather. Enjoy!
The Sarong/Pareo Scarf
The Large Square Scarf
The Long/Oblong Scarf
We all know the saying “it’s the thought that counts”, but old sayings aside, most guys just can’t get that excited about getting the same ol’ socks for Christmas (if they do, they’re probably pretending!) That’s why we’ve rounded up some pretty awesome gift ideas for the dude/s on your gift list.
Trust us; they won’t have to fake being excited about these presents in their stocking! Did we mention everything ships for FREE? Easy, piecey!