Summer is finally here, which means it’s time to spice up your look with some bold, fresh and funky accessories. One of the easiest ways to freshen up your look for this season is with an oversized summer tote. Tote bags are an absolute must-have for those weekend getaways and long, relaxing days by the pool. They’re the ultimate carryall for all your essentials, and you can flaunt the latest trends and your unique style with the right match. Here are some tips for picking the right tote bag for the season:
1. Don’t be afraid of the bold and bright. This season’s hottest colors in summer totes are hot pink, orange, yellow, fuchsia, cherry red and turquoise. You don’t have to stick with the neutrals for your summer bag, even if you’re wearing a bold, eye-catching outfit. These totes are sure to boost your mood and get you ready for the beach in no time!
2. Do the weave. Basket-inspired totes are one of the hottest trends of the season, so take your trip to Havana and tote along a khaki-colored or light brown straw bag if you can. Straw tote bags are fun and functional, and this summer classic can be used year after year.
3. Say yes to the supersize. Oversized totes are the way to go for the season, and they’re especially versatile for those days you need to pack a picnic, beach blankets, magazines and your beauty bag for the day. Look for wide straps and sturdy materials that will carry your haul for the long haul.
4. Count those pockets. The bigger the bag, the more compartments you’ll need to stay organized. Make sure your tote has plenty of pockets inside and out, so you’re not rifling through dozens of items just to find your sunglasses. The compartments don’t have to be very large, but just big enough to keep your accessories separate.
5. Accessorize with a scarf. If you plan to wear a scarf or wrap around your head for extra sun protection, tie it around your tote as an accessory. This will add another burst of color to your look, and makes your tote look oh-so-chic!