With all the bright and bold hues this summer, sometimes it’s nice to take a break and go back to basics. Just because our featured trends are more on the toned-down side of the color spectrum, doesn’t mean they’re any less stylish. Au contraire! Black and white and muted tones are totally chic and appropriate all year round.
Zappos Blogs: trends
While we love bright, bold colors, there’s something to be said about the ongoing trend of summer whites and nudes. These easy-to-wear shades are a great staple for your warm-weather wardrobe, and for good reason! The pristine simplicity lends itself to lots of wardrobe options.
We particularly love pairing nudes with whites—so simple, yet utterly perfect for hot summer days (and nights). Here are a few of our top picks from BCBGeneration:
1. Double Tier Bodice Dress, 2. "Liberty" Peep-Toe Pumps, 3. "Charlie" Clutch, 4. "Tandee" Sandals, 5. Geo Block Maxi Dress, 6. Print Surplice Cami Dress, 7. Double Strap Dress, 8. "Julia" Satchel, 9. "Charlie" Shoulder Bag
This week, we’re focusing on the bottom half of our ensembles. If you’re looking to freshen up your wardrobe, a pair of fresh printed denim or, for the guys, a colorful pair of pants or shorts, are easy options.
Printed denim is popping up all over the place, particularly this season. There are so many options to choose from. When you opt for a bolder print, stick more subdued, basic tops. If you choose a more subtle print, try mixing it with a complementary printed top to add interest and dimension to your look.
This week, we highlighted a classic print and classic style worthy of the festivities at Derby!
Polka dots are one of the most coveted prints of the season! This slightly nostalgic print looks fabulous as the focal point or accent to your ensemble. Go beyond the basic black and white and try out some fun color polka dots for summer!
Derby style isn’t just for the big race in Louisville! These prim and proper outfits would be just as appropriate for a dressier daytime event like a garden wedding or party. Think classic, pretty and dapper. And ladies, it's all about the hat--the bigger the better. If you're not into hats, try a fabulous fascinator in your hair to glam up your look.
One “micro trend” we are loving lately is perforation. Whether it’s on a belt, a handbag, or shoes, these cool cutouts lend a slightly sporty, totally cool vibe to even the simplest pieces. We love it paired with something a little more feminine; for example, try belting in a floral dress with a perf belt for an edgy touch. Here are just a few of our current favorites:
1. Linea Pelle Addison Waist Belt, 2. Linea Pelle Addison Hip Belt, 3. Linea Pelle Skinny Square Perf, 4. KORS Michael Kors Oatlands flats, 5. Rockport Zelia wedges, 6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Marina Large Drawstring Shoulder Bag
This week, we’re highlighting neons, stripes and of course, prom.
Neons: Whether you go bold with a statement piece or just a pop accent, neons are a must this spring/summer! The easiest way to add in a dose of bright color is through accessories. Try a fun neon clutch or cocktail ring to give your look a stylish focal point.
Prom: With prom season upon us, we couldn’t pass up all the amazing evening dresses we currently have on the site! We’re particularly loving color dresses and one-shoulder silhouettes for prom this year. Don’t forget that we have an entire Prom Shop so you can find the perfect head-to-toe outfit for the big night!
Stripes: Not just in the nautical realm, stripes are a perennial favorite that’s easy to wear with anything. Try a casual striped tee on the weekends or throw on a blazer over a striped V-neck for a cool look.
For this week’s episode of The Trend, Victoria Recaño takes you on an exclusive backstage look into New York City Fashion Week. Our host talks trends with tastemakers, designers and stylish celebs at the Rachel Roy runway show.
Check out this week’s to-die-for trends inspired by the latest runway looks:
Exotic-print blouse: Rachel Roy Cascade Blouse
Lace leggings: Anna Sui Lace Stripe Legging
Carry-all tote: Kooba Emma
Do you have a stylish fashionista on your gift list? You know her, the woman who always manages to look on-trend and pulled together no matter what she’s wearing. Or maybe the fashionista is you! Either way, we’re all about simplifying your holiday shopping (even if it’s just to pick up a treat for yourself for being such an efficient holiday shopper!)
We’ve compiled our top 10 style must-haves for all those fashion-conscious gift recipients on your list, whether it’s your mom, sister, best friend, or yourself!
1. Red Hot: Red is not only the color of passion, it’s one of the “it” colors of the season!
Check out the Echo Design Ruffle Ruana in Merlot
2. Faux Fur: Plush and glam fur is winter’s must-have showstopper.
Check out the Lumiani Vienna Faux Fur Vest
3. Lace: Add a little romance with a touch of lace.
Check out the Michael Stars Lace Off Shoulder Dolman Top
4. Statement Jewelry: Finish off her (and your) holiday ensembles with a bold centerpiece.
Check out the Kendra Scott Diana Bracelet
5. Equestrian Boots: These add classic and versatile style to all your cold weather outfits.
Check out the Rockport Lola Pull-on Boots
6. Structured Handbags: This chic and ladylike silhouette is up to par with her impeccable style.
Check out the Dooney & Bourke Florentine Medium Pocket Satchel
7. Sparkle: Liven up her holiday with a fun and girly accessory that she’ll love to show off.
Check out the Juicy Couture iPad Case -Glitter
Check out the Gabriella Rocha Kamilia Skinny Jeans.
9. Velvet: This elegant and luxurious fabric will add instant drama to any holiday attire.
Check out the Jessica Simpson Velvet Batwing Dress
10. Ankle Boots: She’ll be wearing this tried-and-true classic way beyond the season.