Although Coachella 2011 is behind us, the season of summer music festivals is just beginning. There’s Jazzfest starting next weekend, Bonnaroo in early June, and Lollapalooza and Outside Lands in August, just to name a few.
With so many amazing music festivals happening across the country, it’s a good time to round up some of our favorite festival essentials to keep you focused on enjoying the music and dancing your heart out.
1. Crossbody bag: This is a must to keep your hands free for drinks and dancing all day. The Harvey Seatbelt Bag Treecycle Berkley Bag is a great eco-friendly choice with its “tree-cycle” hemp interior lining. The drawstring opening gives it a relaxed vibe.
2. Sunscreen: Now, you may not think of this as an accessory, but sun protection is the most important thing to have if you want to preserve your beautiful skin and prevent sneaky sunburns. Try a mess-free spray sunscreen like Hampton Sun SPF 35 Continuous Mist.
3. Cool shades: A pair of oversized sunglasses is a summer essential. Try a pair in white like the Polaroid Eyewear Lillian Polarized sunglasses.
4. Straw hat: It’s all about low-maintenance style when it comes to music fests. Throwing on a stylish straw hat like the Oakley Straw Beach Cap fedora is a great way to spare you from having to fuss too much with your hair. It also protects your face from the harsh sun.
5. Strappy flat sandals: With the amount of walking and dancing you’re bound to partake in, flat sandals are an absolute must. The Sam Edelman Gigi is a sleek and simple choice that’s totally versatile.