I recently spent a weekend camping in the Kaibab National Forest, home to large herds of buffalo, and what my sons have termed “Vulcan Squirrels” (Kaibab squirrels have pointed ears, and yes, I’m raising my sons to be Trekkies). One of my favorite parts of the trip, other than hikes in and around the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, was sitting on a sun-warmed rock with my sons at sunset and waiting for wildlife to appear in the meadow near our campsite. As we sat and waited, I found joy in watching waves of color move towards and away from us as the winds caressed the multitude of wildflowers in shades of yellow, purple, red, and blue, complemented by the myriad greens of the grasses surrounding them.
Flowers are enigmas; we view them as delicate, but without flowers, there would be no life. Most of the foods we grow have a flower at some point in their growth cycle. Wildflowers fill the barren places with riots of color. Delicate orchids grow out of thin air high in jungle canopies and roses remind us that things that seem delicate can take care of themselves. Flowers have even been given their own language and code, declaring meanings beyond just being beautiful.
Women are like flowers in much the same way; though some may appear similar, we all have deeper meanings and messages to share. Those who might appear to be helpless may in fact be highly-ranked martial artists and the furthest thing from helpless you’ll ever come across.
One of the beautiful things about floral prints is just that, while the first impression may be of gentle femininity, they can still be considered fierce fashion- it all depends on who is wearing it and how they style it. They allow the wearer’s personality to blossom and share their inner beauty with the world around them.
1. DKNY Jeans Plus Size Tropical Print Tank Top
2. DKNY Jeans Plus Size Summer Floral Tee
3. Kiyonna Wanderlust Wrap Top
4. Kiyonna Valentina Illusion Dress
5. Mynt 1792 Plus Size Wrap Dress
6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Plus Size Floral Top
7. Karen Kane Plus Size Monochrome Hi-Lo Dress
8. Adrianna Papell Plus Size Cutout Neckline Fit & Flare Dress
9. Adrianna Papell Plus Size Back Interest Fit & Flare Dress
10. Spring Step Hanne T-Strap Sandal
11. Sperry Top-Sider Seacoast Liberty Floral
12. ASH Frankie Bahia Crossbody
SHOP PLUS CLOTHING >>
If you’re feeling like anything but a wallflower in the looks featured here on Well Rounded Wednesday, please tag us in your photos on Twitter and Instagram using #WRW- we would LOVE to see your style!