This Fall, the handbag department is touting a lineup of rocker chic-inspired collections that feature oversized studs, gleaming silver and gold buttons, and chain handles galore. If you’ve always had a little bit of a rocker-girl style in you, this is the season to show it off! Some of the leading handbags of the season are designed with an edgy look with oversized hardware and darker colors for that tough-girl look you crave. From chain-handled shoulder bags to studded hobos, here are some of the leading looks in handbags for Fall:
1. Gunmetal hobos and satchels. While black is still a top pick for handbags this season, gunmetal silver and pewter shades reign the runways this year and are a great match for your rocker look. Look for charcoal, dark silver and pewter handbags and clutches that will accent any outfit with a fresh and sassy look.
2. Studs galore. From the miniature clutch to the oversized hobo , studs are cropping up on every piece of arm candy you can find. Look for matte silver and gleaming gold studs that look like they’ve been pulled right off a motorcycle jacket.
3. Chain handle shoulder bags. If you’re looking for a versatile bag to last you through the season, stick with the classic shoulder bag embellished with chain handle accents. Chain handles are a top trend in handbags this Fall, and your best bet is the oversized chain style that becomes the focal point of the bag. Not only are these handles super-sturdy (yes, you can tote your heels, wallet and a few books without worrying about breakage), but they will give you that edgy, rocker-inspired look you crave.
4. Coil accents. Coils, oversized metal hardware and rings are some of the embellishments you’ll find on the tough-girl bags this season. Look for crossbody bags and satchels accentuated with these details for a fresh and fun look.
5. Extra zippers. Zippers serve a dual purpose on hobos and satchels this season, and you’ll find a number of bags with lines of zippers as part of the design. They’re just another way to show off your rocker-chic look for the season.