Nairobi, Phucket, Goa, Marrakech… These are just some of the exotic, faraway inspirations for one of our favorite microtrends this season. Brimming with wanderlust and a flair for the intricate, these pieces add a dose of global style that will leave you inspired to pack up and fill up that passport, pronto!
Zappos Blogs: fashion trends
When it comes to sartorial choices, there’s a time to be tame and there’s a time to go wild. Today’s Fresh Picks definitely belongs in the latter. These modern animal prints add a nice dose of personality to your wardrobe whenever you’re feeling a bit untamed. Check out some of our recent favorites:
Our 'My Favorites' list is always brimming with so much awesomeness, we just have to share some of it with you!
ALDO Setha Leopard-Print Flats: The bold animal print brings out the wild side of this otherwise subdued flat.
Sporty details are a huge trend in fashion right now, and we couldn’t be more excited to rock this laidback-chic style this fall!
These super soft, super comfy Alternative Apparel sweatshirts are a great foundation piece to pull off this look. Pair them with your basic jeans for a casual weekend ensemble, or mix things up by pairing them with dressier/edgier pieces like leather shorts with heels, or a moto jacket and boots.
Do you ever watch old movies from the ‘50s and find yourself longing for the return of feminine glamour and ladylike grace? Well you’re in luck this season because there’s a much-anticipated return to feminine fashion—with peplums topping must-have list.
Peplum dresses give an illusion of a slimmer waistline, which in turn gives you that classic hourglass silhouette that’s making its triumphant return on the runway and real life!
Check out a few of our favorite peplum dresses from our Zappos Private Label brands below:
1. Christin Michaels Lael Dress, 2. Brigitte Bailey Rinah Flower Peplum Dress, 3. rsvp Demetria Peplum Dress, 4. Type Z Omega Scuba Dress, 5. Brigitte Bailey Odessa Peplum Dress, 6. Type Z Jacob Peplum Dress, 7. Type Z Grieg Stripe Peplum Dress, 8. rsvp Treyna Dress
There’s no denying it. Wedge sneakers have taken over the fashion world as the latest must-have shoe. They’re a great compromise between the height of a heel and the everyday comfort of a go-to pair of sneakers. And who doesn’t love having the best of both worlds?
Check out the Lacoste “Easbury” wedge sneakers in a variety of cool colors for spring. They look fabulous with skinny jeans and boyfriend jeans!
White is a color that a lot of women find somewhat tricky to wear, yet when done right, can be utterly flattering. As we see the light at the end of the tunnel from a barrage of deep, dark fall colors, now is prime time to infuse a little pristine white into your wardrobe! It’s easier than you might think.
Read more below for some tips to keep your look chic instead of clinical:
1. BCBGMAXAZRIA Nydia Cutout Tank, 2. Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip Clutch, 3. DL1961 Angel Ankle Skinny in Milk, 4. Chan Luu White Mix Wrap Bracelet, 5. 7 For All Mankind Kimmie Short Bootcut in Clean White, 6. Mara Hoffman Lattice Strapless Dress
*Accessorize with splashes of white. Try a clutch, statement necklace or a wrap bracelet done in white stones.
* Winter white doesn’t just mean stark white! Opt for variations of egg shell, vanilla or light beige if you’re looking for something less bright.
* Play with textures. When going for a monochromatic look, add some interest with white pieces in rich fabrications such as wool, cashmere, chunky knits and faux fur. This gives lots of dimension to a head-to-toe white ensemble.
*Opposites attract. The timeless pairing of white and black can create bold drama to your look. Try pairing a white shift dress with a pair of patent black heels for a great juxtaposition of light and dark.
*White jeans tend to scare off a lot of women. The trick is getting the fit right. If your legs are on the thin side, go for a skinny or straight fit that hits at the ankle to create the illusion of shape. If you’ve got fuller legs, you can still rock a white jean, but opt for a wider leg or a boot cut to slim and lengthen your overall leg line.
We’ve always loved Lucky Brand for their perfect execution of the neo-boho look. This summer, their fresh take on the enduring tribal trend is just as worthy of our attention! There’s something so exotic yet wearable about these tribal details. You’ll find yourself reaching for these pieces all summer long.
Check out a few of our tribal-inspired favorites from Lucky Brand:
1. Lucky Brand Summer Embroidered Tank Top, 2. Lucky Brand Multirow Stone Bracelet, 3. Lucky Brand "Boxer" Boots, 4. Lucky Brand Indio Fringe Crossbody, 5. Lucky Brand Emme 2 in Eggplant, 6. Lucky Brand Mimi Tribal Stripe Tee