Karl Lagerfeld once said, "Black and white always looks modern, whatever that word means." The perfection of a high contrast look is hard to put into words, but we know chic when we see it. Wearing head-to-toe black and white is probably one of the easiest ways to achieve a put-together look by mixing and matching basic pieces. Whether you’re dressing for work, for fun or just for relaxing at home, nothing feels better than knowing you look amazing.
Combine a great contrast with fabulous fit and fabrics, and you have a major win. Personally, I love the simplicity and clean lines you have when mixing black and white; it echoes the feeling of satisfaction I get from seeing black words fill a blank page as I write. For others, black and white reminds them of an old Western, where you always knew the good guy was in a white cowboy hat and the bad guy was in black. Whatever the reason, I hope that you are as big of a fan of this classic and clean combination as I am, and that you enjoy this week’s picks.
If you’re feeling fabulous and fierce in the looks featured here on Well Rounded Wednesday, please tag us in your photos on Twitter and Instagram using #WRW — we would LOVE to see your style!
- Calvin Klein Plus Size Crew Roll Sleeve Blouse
- Vince Camuto Plus Size Serengeti Sleeveless Spotted Lynx Blouse w/Solid Trim
- Mynt 1792 Plus Size Cold Shoulder Blouse
- Jag Jeans Plus Size Paley Boot Leg in White
- Steve Madden Plus Size Aztec Scallop Fringed Topper
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Plus Size Printed Wide Lege Pants
- Karen Kane Plus Size Crossover V-Neck Dress
- Kiyonna Sugar and Spice Dress
- Adrianna Papell Plus Size Sleeveless Lace Dress
- Bedhead Plus Size Notch Collar Pajama
- Tommy Bahama Plus Size Boyfriend Shirt Cover-Up
- LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Plus Size Hammond Knits Pajama Set