A hippie party is truly a blast from the past, and one that tweens and teens will likely love to visit during a birthday celebration. With peace, love, and all things retro cool, a hippie party is an uber-cool party to plan with your tween or teen.
1. Send a Hippie Party invitation. Head to a vintage store and find peace sign and smiley face patches and purchase enough for your invitations. Use heavy card stock in bright colors and glue the patches on to the front of your party invitations. Inside, write all of your hippie party details. Request that your guests come dressed as a hippie too.
2. Create cool hippie decorations using the signs of the times and creating your own and hanging them around the party area.
3. Make a peace sign banner to welcome your guests.
4.Play hippie music.
5. Tie dye shirts at the party.
6. Make love bead and hemp jewelry – these can serve as the party favors too.
7. Hippie trivia…who knows the era best?
8. Serve organic, healthy food just like the hippies would have enjoyed. Fruits, vegetables, tofu, and the like are all good choices.
9. Carrot cake for your birthday cake topped with a large peace sign drawn with icing.
10. Send the kids home with their tie-dye shirts and handmade jewelry for their party favors.