Here it is, my no-fail, two-step system for getting your body ready for swimwear season! Ready?
Step 1: Have a body.
Step 2: Put swimwear on it.
How easy that was?
All kidding aside, I know that many women around the country are dreading the countdown to summer, if only because of how much we hate shopping for swimwear -- and this seems to be a universal whether you’re a size 2 or 22. However, we all seem to forget a few basic things when it comes to summer and swim season.
First, we’re all at the pool, beach or lake for primarily one reason- because it is HOT outside, and water helps us cool off. Second, it’s HOT outside, and it’s a scientifically proven fact that if we are wearing less clothing, we are retaining less heat, thereby assisting our integumentary system in functioning more efficiently. Third of all, it is simply just not practical to wear a full-body wetsuit in July- at least in the Northern hemisphere.
Lucky for us, we have great swimwear brands like Miraclesuit, that nips where we want nipped, and boost where we want to be boosted. Fabulous suits and cover ups by Becca by Rebecca Virtue utilize bright patterns and design elements to camouflage and distract from those areas on our bodies that we might not like the best, and make you feel like a million dollars. Throw in the amazing from swimwear hues by Michael Michael Kors Plus and Lauren by Ralph Lauren to the mix, and you have an amazing swimwear arsenal at your disposal to help you look at feel your best at the pool, beach, or lake!
1. BECCA by Rebecca Virtue Plus Size Cozumel Foam Tankini Top
2. MICHAEL Michael Kors Plus Size Water Ikat Shirred Maillot
3. LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Plus Size Maldives Paisley Twist One Piece
4. BECCA by Rebecca Virtue Plus Size Crochet Tunic Cover Up
5. BECCA by Rebecca Virtue Plus Size African Beat Kimono Cover Up
6. LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Plus Size Crushed Cotton Camp Shirt Cover Up
7. Miraclesuit Plus Size Solid Aurora Swimsuit
8. BECCA by Rebecca Virtue Plus Size Ritual Hi Neck Bra Top
9. BECCA by Rebecca Virtue Plus Size Solid Full
SHOP PLUS SIZE SWIMWEAR >>
SHOP PLUS SIZE CLOTHING >>
I hope you are as inspired to try going out of your comfort zone a little this season, and realize how much cooler you’ll feel- both physically and emotionally. If you’re rocking any of the amazing pieces you’ve seen here on the blog, please tag us in your photos on Twitter and Instagram using #WRW- we would LOVE to see your style!