The class shirt dress is a warm-weather favorite and works with every style type. Here are three great examples of how to wear the versatile shirt dress this spring.
Zappos Blogs: maxi dresses
When it comes to effortless outfits for hot summer days, no other closet staple quite compares to dresses. Our great selection of dresses for every occasion—from work to weekends—means you can practically live in this warm-weather must have all season long!
In the sweltering heat of summer, there’s no better closet staple like a lightweight maxi dress. This throw-on-and-go essential couldn’t make it any easier to stay cool through hot days.
Check out our version of this easy summer look!
street style image source: WGSN
Whether you’re attending an outdoor spring wedding, or relaxing poolside on spring break, these warm-weather closet essentials sure come in handy! Check out some of our favorites below:
Maxi dresses are one of the season’s most effortless closet staples, and our Zappos Private Label brands are currently carrying some cream-of-the-crop styles—each at under $100!
Whether you’re looking for simple solids or funky prints, there’s absolutely no need to break the bank just to slip into summer’s prettiest maxis!
Check out some of our picks that you can only find here:
Today is the first official day of summer, and chances are, a seaside escape is on your vacation wish list. Before you set off to enjoy the sand and surf, we’ve rounded up our list of top beach essentials to pack in your weekender bag:
- Lightweight maxi dresses – Perfect for beachside dinner dates.
- Rubber flip flops – These wear-everywhere sandals are perfect on or off the beach
- Sun hat- Essential for keeping slept-in bed head covered while protecting from the sun!
- Sunscreen – Spray on generously 15-30 minutes before heading out. Sunburns are never in style!
- Straw tote bag – Pick one that’s roomy enough to hold those fashion magazines for some beachside reading.
- Cute cover-up –Need to grab lunch after the beach? Throw this on for instant style.
- Denim shorts- An easy option to throw on with a tank top for carefree, beachy style.
- Sunglasses- Some of the season’s hot trends include: mirrored lenses, colored aviators and tortoise shell.
- (Convertible) bikini tops- A bandeau with a removable strap helps prevent tan lines where you don’t want them.
- Adjustable bikini bottoms – We love side ties for their forgiving fit! You can tighten or loosen as needed.
Dresses and warm go together like BBQs and hotdogs. This spring, it’s all about color, floral prints and pristine white dresses that help beat the heat while simultaneously turning up the heat on your style.
Our Zappos Private Label brands currently have some fabulous dress offerings for every occasion—from poolside parties to date night. Check out a few of our picks below!
1. Bridgitte Bailey Marron Dress, 2. Gabriella Rocha Roline Cut Out Dress, 3. Gabriella Rocha Balina Dress, 4. Brigitte Bailey Demri Dress, 5. Gabriella Rocha Caddi Dress, 6. Gabriella Rocha Jakkie Floral Dress, 7. Brigitte Bailey Lindsie Chiffon Maxi, 8. Type Z Orchid Maxi, 9. Type Z Geranium Dress
Looking to freshen up your summer wardrobe? Our featured trends for this week are totally wearable and perfect for those warm, sunny days.
Day shine is a trend that dispels the old adage that you can’t wear sequins or glittery clothes during the day. The trick to pulling off this look without being mistaken for a mid-day disco ball is to keep your shine to one item. Try a sequin-trimmed tank top or clutch. Moderation is key to make this look work for daytime!
Maxi dresses are one of our all-time favorite staples for warm weather and beyond. For summer, look for lightweight fabrics in fun prints to make a statement, or opt for a striking white maxi for a fresh, airy feel.
For the guys, preppy style is making quite the comeback for summer. A few good staples to build a cool preppy look are: khaki/chino shorts, boat shoes, loafers, and polo shirts (in various colors).
P.S. A sweater tied around the shoulder does not apply!