Most folks would be surprised when they came into work and saw that nearly everyone in their Finance department forgot to get dressed for the day. That would not be the case if you worked at Zappos.com however. In the past year, there have been several PJ days, and it seems as though they are happening more and more frequently. I would not be the least bit surprised if there comes a time when we wear only PJ’s to work. Except on Saturdays, of course. You gotta mix it up.
Zappos Blogs: pajama_day
Hey everybody, it’s Zappos Spirit Week starting Monday, the 16th through Sunday the 22nd! You don’t even have to work in this office in order to play along, just wear or do the following things on the day provided:
- Monday: WOW outfit day – Wear something that’s bound to knock someone’s socks off!
- Tuesday: Zappos Wear ALL Blue Day – We know it’s St. Patty’s Day, but green is out this year.
- Wednesday: Mismatch day – For those who own a striped shirt and plaid pants, now’s your day to shine!
- Thursday: Pajama Day – So pretty much, just roll out of bed, slip on your slippers and go to work.
- Friday: Wacky Hair Day – How wacky can you get your hair?
- Saturday: Ugly Shoe Day – You know, those shoes you just had to buy at the time, well now you get to wear them again with pride.
- Sunday: Sports Day – Support your favorite team.
And it that easy! Anyone can show Zappos pride, and if your boss questions you wearing your pajamas to work, simply say that it’s for Zappos Spirit Week – I’m sure they’ll understand.
Here at the Zappos HQ we understand that every once in a while it’s hard to wake up and go to work in the morning. Well, we can’t give everyone the day off whenever they feel like staying in their jamies, but today we are allowing everyone to wear their pajamas to work! Now that makes getting ready in the morning a lot easier! And since Zappos provides cereal and coffee, the only thing our pajama wearing associates had to do this morning was brush their teeth.
Bringing the comfort of your own home to work. Now that’s service!
This is the first day of Customer Service Week, in which we celebrate our commitment to the customers of Zappos and our CLT department, and we always have a theme every day of the week.
Keep you eyes on the blogs all week to see the craziness!
© 2007-2012 Zappos.com, Inc.