Top to Bottom: ASICS Kid GEL-Nimbus 12, ASICS Kids GEL-Cumulus 12, adidas Kids adiSpeed + K, Nike Kids LunarGlide
With TV, the internet and video games monopolizing more and more of kids’ free time in recent years, it becomes even more important for parents to encourage kids to engage in more physical activities to keep them healthy and keep their weight at a healthy level.
Here are some simple ways to get your kids moving this summer:
1. Designate family jogging/walking days: On your days off, plan a family walk or jog at a nice park. It’s a great way to spend time together as well as enjoy a nice change of scenery. For extra fun and multi-tasking, take the family dog with you!
2. Go for a scenic bike ride: Whether it’s in your neighborhood or along the beach, a family bike ride lets everyone enjoy some fresh air. Don’t forget those helmets and pads!
3. Go geocaching: This high-tech treasure hunt is great for adventure-seeking parents and kids alike. This also promotes a strong sense of teamwork for the whole family.
4. Hit the pool: Swimming is an excellent way to get healthy during the hot summer months. Look for a reputable swim school for kids in your area to get them started. You can even incorporate fun water games like Slip N’ Slide into your pool days.
5. Create a sporty picnic: Get a few family friends together for a picnic and play some fun games like softball, flag football, catch, Frisbee or soccer.
6. Add some physical activities to family vacations: There are plenty of options for making your vacations more active. Try rowing, hiking, or horseback riding with the kids.
With all these fun activities, your kids will be enjoying themselves so much, they won't realize how much excercise they're getting!