Zappos Blogs: derby style
The fabulous hats, all those Lilly Pulitzer dresses and Vineyard Vines, the mint julep-induced rowdiness in the stands…derby style was definitely in full force this past week at the Oaks and Derby in Louisville!
We got to check out the festivities first hand and we have to say, it was everything we imagined and more. These were just a few of the well-dressed Derby attendees that we met at both Oaks and Derby. It was so refreshing to see such dapper guys and put-together ladies showing off Derby style in all its Southern glory.
Zappos.com stylist Kaya strikes a pose in his '70s-inspired Derby outfit.
Zappos.com trend manager Alison struts in her one-of-a-kind pink ensemble for the Oaks.
From Vegas glitzy to preppy-chic, Derby style definitely runs the gamut!
This week, we highlighted a classic print and classic style worthy of the festivities at Derby!
Polka dots are one of the most coveted prints of the season! This slightly nostalgic print looks fabulous as the focal point or accent to your ensemble. Go beyond the basic black and white and try out some fun color polka dots for summer!
Derby style isn’t just for the big race in Louisville! These prim and proper outfits would be just as appropriate for a dressier daytime event like a garden wedding or party. Think classic, pretty and dapper. And ladies, it's all about the hat--the bigger the better. If you're not into hats, try a fabulous fascinator in your hair to glam up your look.
With the 2011 Kentucky Derby only days away, we wanted to pay homage to one of the most iconic staples gracing Churchill Downs for decades, the Derby hat. The time-honored tradition of dressing up for the Kentucky Derby still lives on today. With all the Derby parties that surround this historic race, make sure you come fully prepared with the perfect Derby hat. So sip a glass of mint julep as you peruse through some fabulous hats worthy of a festive day at the racetrack.
Left to Right:
1. Eugenia Kim Honey : The knotted rope trim on this posh hat just screams summer style.
2. Alejandra Sky Tula Stripe Beach Hat: the bold pink shade works for the beach and the racetrack...not to mention brunch with the girls!
3. Goorin Brothers Eden: There's something so charmingly Southern about this pretty straw hat. Wear it with your most fabulous floral dresses.
4. Jessica Simpson Multi Striped Floppy Hat: ring in the summer with fresh and breezy stripes.
5. Echo Design Bolg Stripe Floppy Hat: Go bold or go home! The striking black and white stripes on this large brimmed hat is decidedly retro and totally chic.
© 2007-2012 Zappos.com, Inc.