Although summer doesn’t officially start until June 21, Memorial Day weekend will always serve as the unofficial kickoff of the season. Gather your family and friends around the grill and welcome summer the right way with these BBQ essentials!
Zappos Blogs: emile henry
Whether you’re entertaining at home for two or a few, there’s nothing quite like sharing a meal and drinks with loved ones. We’ve gathered up a few of our favorite home essentials for making those get-togethers extra special. Bon appetit!
1.OXO Good Grips® Steel Bottle Opener – Keep the beers and soda pop flowing for your guests.
2. Artland “Iris” Pitcher – From lemonade to adult beverages, everything looks better served in this gorgeous pitcher.
3. 10 Strawberry Street “Love Collection” Cooler Glass Set – Up your bartending game with these chic highball glasses.
4. Vitamix CIA Professional Series Model 1709 – Whip up frozen drinks, sorbets and even soups with this powerful blender.
5. Joseph Joseph Hands-On Salad Bowl & Servers – The sleek and modern design allows you to keep your salad servers always at hand and out of the way.
6. Oenophilia Recycled Bottle Top Tealight Holders – Set the mood for your tablescape with this unique centerpiece.
7. Emile Henry Flame® BBQ Kabob Grilling Stone – Evenly grills your meats and veggies for picture-perfect kabobs!
8. Joseph Joseph Triple Dish Set– Serve chips and dip or other appetizers in this lovely setting.
9. Waring Pro Professional Drink Mixer – Make delicious summer drinks with this retro-style fountain mixer.
10. Picnic Time Formaggio Oval Bamboo Cheese Board – Fancy cheeses deserve a beautiful serving board!
11. Emile Henry 9” Pie Dish – There’s nothing more inviting than a homemade pie!
12. Oenophilia Perfect Stemware (Red Wine) Set of 6 – Serve your favorite vino in these perfectly balanced glasses.
Many consider the kitchen to be the heart, the center, the life force, if you will, of the home---and for good reason! The kitchen is where people congregate at the beginning and the end of the day, where meals (and oftentimes, homework and messy science projects) are prepared--- in a nutshell: it’s where the real magic happens!
So why wouldn’t you want the heart of your home to be a lively and beautiful place to spend quality time? We’ve rounded up a few kitchen gadgets that add a dose of fun & color to the most important room in your home:
With the 4th of July coming up, we thought we’d pay a much-deserved homage to one of our favorite all-American summer traditions: the backyard BBQ!
There’s nothing quite like firing up the grill for some hotdogs and burgers with great friends and family, sipping on cold beverages as we celebrate the summertime.
To help you craft the perfect backyard BBQ, check out some of our best kitchen gadgets below!
Aside from the typical BBQ fare, treat your guests to cold treats like homemade ice cream, or try this deliciously refreshing lemonade recipe from allrecipes.com!
Cucumber Lemonade – by Lori
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 12oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate
2 liters of lemon-lime carbonated beverage
Place the cucumber slices in the plastic filter of your Bodum Iced Tea Jug. Pour the lemonade concentrate and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour in the lemon-lime soda. Pour into glasses and garnish with lemon slices. Serve to your parched guests and enjoy!
One of the great joys in life is entertaining at home for friends and family. With BBQ season in full swing, we’re excited to fire up the grill, serve up some refreshing cocktails and share some yummy summertime fare with those we love! From good ol’ homemade apple pie to salads and burgers, great food is meant to be enjoyed with great company.
Check out some of our favorite dining and kitchen gadgets for pulling off the perfect lunch or dinner get-togethers in your backyard this summer.
For a refreshing summer treat for the whole family, try this delicious smoothie recipe from Vitamix®!
1 orange, peeled and quartered
¼ lemon, peeled, quartered and seeded
½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
¼ cup fresh mango chunks
1 cup ice cubes
Place all ingredients in the Vitamix in the order listed. Start at Variable 1 setting and turn on the machine. Slowly increase the speed to 10 then to High. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. That means it’s time to gather around the dinner table with family and friends to kick off the holidays with lots of good food and football!
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite housewares for a Thanksgiving feast to remember!
AND in the spirit of the holidays, we have a special housewares sweepstakes HERE! Good luck!
1. BIA Cordon Bleu 20" Oval Platter, 2. Le Creuset Set of Stoneware Cocottes, 3. Emeril by All-Clad Hard-Anodized Roaster w/ Rack, 4. Reed & Barton Longwood II 65-Piece Silverware Set, 5. Waechtersbach Fun Factory 4Pc Place Setting, 6. Riedel Bordeaux/Cabernet 2Pc Set, 7. Highbury 12" Square Lacquer Chargers (Set of 4), 8. Emile Henry Classics® 9" Pie Dish, 9. Keurig Elite 40
Today is International Chocolate Day. However, that’s not the focus of this post; in fact, quite the opposite. Although chocolate (particularly dark chocolate) is great when enjoyed in moderation, a healthy lifestyle really does rely predominantly on a healthy, balanced diet.
A diet that consists of mostly whole, unprocessed foods, with lots of fruits and veggies in the mix, is considered to be the healthiest. If that sounds bland and boring to you, think again! Healthy eating can be just as satisfying, if not more so, than eating junk. The trick is having the right kitchen gadgets and experiment with healthy ingredients you love.
Check out a few of our favorite healthy-diet kitchen essentials:
1. Breville 800 BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere™ Blender, 2. Omega VRT350 Vert Low Speed Juicing System, 3. Fagor Slow Juicer, 4. Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11" Square Grill Pan 5. Kitchenaid 13-Cup Food Processor, 6. Emile Henry Flame Kabob Grilling Stone and Skewers
For breakfast or a delicious mid-day snack, a refreshing green smoothie* or juice is a great option. With the right blend of yummy fruits and veggies, these super-nutritious drinks are packed with so much vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed into the body. Investing in a high-quality blender and/or juicer is something your body will reap rewards from for years to come. That’s why it’s always on our “healthy living” must-have list!
For dinner, opt for lean meats and veggies grilled to perfection. Kabobs** are a really easy option, so is grilled fish with salad or a delicious homemade salsa as a side.
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com® via user WhitneyLW
**Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com® via user DAVESARAH
1. Le Creuset of 4 Stonewear Cocottes w/ Cookbook, 2. KitchenAid 5-Quart Artisan Stand Mixer, 3. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, 4. Nordic Ware Snowman Cake Mold, 5. Calphalon Classic Jelly Roll & Brownie Pan Combo, 6. Emile Henry Le Grande 12" Pie Dish
One of our favorite things about the holiday season is the liberty to indulge in our favorite desserts. Diets can wait until the New Year! That’s what resolutions are for, right?
Why not get the baker in your life (or yourself) a gift that keeps on giving with some of the best baking tools around?
In the spirit of sweet indulgence, check out this delicious recipe for a classic pecan pie!
Irresistible Pecan Pie by IHART44
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup butter, chilled
4 tablespoons ice water
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed
1 cup pecans, quartered
1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To make pie filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, and then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm; let cool for one hour before serving.
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com®