In the effort to conjure up an eternal summer, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite pieces in the season’s most beloved blue hues. Done in richer, more saturated tones (like cobalt and indigo), this cool shade perfectly transitions right into fall!
Zappos Blogs: alternative apparel
Vacations are awesome, but let’s face it, sometimes the transit to and from your destination can be far from a day at the beach. The good news is there are plenty of items you can pack in your travel bags to make the journey to your blissful summer getaway as stress-free and comfortable as possible.
Below are just a few of our travel must-haves for any warm-weather getaway:
1. LAmade Convertible Tube Dress/ Maxi Skirt – the perfect multitasker to pack for warm destinations.
2. Ray-Ban Aviator Polarized Flash Lenses – a timeless pair of sunglasses that goes with everything? Yup, a total must.
3. Yosi Samra “Samara” Cap Toe Foldable Flats – the perfect shoe to carry around to give your feet a break from uncomfortable heels. Also great for getting in and out of the security lines!
4. San Diego Hat Company Mixed Braid Large Brim Floppy Hat – this blocks your face from the harsh sun AND covers up any hair woes!
5. Supergoop Everyday SPF 30 Sunscreen – a must for every day and especially when you’re out and about more than usual!
6. Herschel Supply Co. Packable Travel Tote Bag – for when you purchase more souvenirs than you anticipated!
7. Alternative “Relay” Raglan Hoodie – don’t get caught in a cold plane cabin without this versatile layering essential!
8. COOLA Suncare Liplux SPF 15 Vanilla Peppermint Lip Balm –airplane cabins are notoriously drying, so keep this handy in your bag at all times!
9. Eagle Creek Pack-It™ Sac Medium – keep all your travel essentials like snacks, chargers and medicine close at hand and all in one place.
10. Sam Edelman “Gigi” Sandals – this super-wearable sandal goes with everything!
By simply layering your go-to summer staples in unexpected ways, you can drastically change the look and feel of each piece. Take this effortlessly cool example below.
Taking a barely-there summer dress and layering it over a classic tee instantly transforms it into something altogether fresh and new. Talk about getting more mileage out of your clothes!
street style image source: WGSN
You don’t need to spend your summers in the Hamptons or on a yacht to rock that effortlessly chic beach house look! Hit the nearest boardwalk or pier in these nautically-inclined pieces that make us all wish for an endless summer.
Our 'My Favorites' list is always brimming with so much awesomeness; we just have to share some of it with you!
Alternative Apparel “Go Fish” Maxi Dress in Eco True Sea Breeze – This easy-to-wear maxi is perfect for those hot and humid summer days.
Circus by Sam Edelman “Becca” in Turquoise – Comfy and totally laidback with a hint of gladiator style. What’s not to love?
Even if you were never very good in gym class, or have never even attempted team sports at any capacity, there’s no reason why you can’t get behind the sporty trend! This fresh mix of lounge-worthy comfort and of-the-moment style really is the best of both worlds. The best part: no sweating or training required!
As festival season continues to rage on, so does our obsession over one rather polarizing trend in denim: overalls. Before you write this off as just another “fad”, we’d like to point out how utterly comfy and adorable these are (particularly shortalls) for frolicking around during those hot summer festivals!
Here, we see it paired with a breezy long cardigan wrap and some classic Chuck Taylors for a decisively ‘90s vibe.
Check out our take on this carefree look below:
street style image source: WGSN
Not quite black, not quite white, gray is a perennially chic hue that achieves a glorious happy medium. This versatile neutral makes a great backdrop for spring’s bolder colors… but we’re certainly not opposed to wearing it head-to-toe for that sleek monochromatic look!
Check out some of our gray picks below: