In our recent sitdown with the legendary Kenneth Jay Lane, He talks about the beginnings of costume jewelry amongst the fashionable elite, as well as where he finds inspiration for his beautiful creations.
Zappos Blogs: kenneth jay lane
Ah springtime! There are lots to love about this optimistic season, one of which is all the pretty pastels out there. We’ve featured this trend in the spring issue of the ZN, and since we can’t get enough of it, we’re bringing you even more lovely pastel to feast your eyes on for spring:
1. Buffalo David Bitton Lisa Ankle Skinny in Mint, 2. Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny in Daybreak, 3. Hudson Beth Mid-Rise Crop in Berry, 4. Hudson Hampton Cuffed Shorts in Banana, 5. Lacoste Cosy Shopping Bag in Turquoise Marine Blue, 6. Kenneth Jay Lane Beautiful Bracelet, 7. Kendra Scott Laine Earrings, 8. Essie Nail Polish in Borrowed & Blue , 9. POPbeauty Lid Pastel
Great style comes in all sizes! That’s why I’m so excited to share with you some of the holiday ensembles we’ve put together for all you curvy women out there.
Check out the video below where I talk about some of our plus size stylists’ picks for holiday parties (see each outfit breakdown below the video), and my interview with our beautiful plus size model, Heather H.
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors Plus Size Paillette Bolero Sweater, DKNY Jeans Plus Size Print Crinkle Chiffon Dress, Spanx Tight End Basic Tights, DV by Dolce Vita Notty Pumps, Big Buddha Mina Clutch, Jessica Simpson necklace
2. rsvp Lysandra Two Piece Dress, Spanx Tight End Basic Tights, Michael Antonio Anderson Glitter wedge heels, BCBGeneration Lila Jeweled Glass Miniaudiere, CZ by Kenneth Jay Lane CZ Hummingbird Earrings
Here are just a few of our picks for prettiest and most giftable baubles:
1. Dogeared Jewels 3 Wishes Stardust Necklace: This delicate and simple necklace is the perfect everyday piece. It comes ready-to-give with an inspirational gift card holder!
2. Kate Spade New York All Wrapped Up Pave Ring: It’s the gift that keeps on giving…lots and lots of sparkles!
3. Kate Spade New York Say Yes “Cheers” Necklace: Celebrate life’s little pleasures with this festive little necklace.
4. Judith Jack Infinity Drop Earrings: These exquisite drop earrings look lovely clad in rose gold.
5. Kenneth Jay Lane Antique Gold Key Pendant: This bold necklace is totally wearable and fabulous.
6. Betsey Johnson Tzarina Ballerina Multi Charm Bracelet: She’ll adore this thoroughly whimsical and princess-worthy charm bracelet.
One style staple, two stylist-picked ensembles. That’s the premise of Stylists’ Challenge! Hope and Marie, two of our Visual Merchandising stylists, put together two distinctly different outfits around the Hanky Panky Signature Lace Unlined Cami.
Which one is your favorite ensemble? Leave a comment to cast your style vote!
Spot-on Trendy: 1. Calvin Klein Cropped Shrug, 2. Hanky Panky Signature Lace Cami, 3. Boutique 9 Night Loafer Heels, 4. Kenneth Jay Lane Resin Prism Pendant, 5.Joe's Jeans The Skinny Colors, 6. Matt & Nat Stardust Rheo handbag
What’s the easiest way to liven up an outfit? You guessed it! Statement jewelry! We love incorporating a bold piece of jewelry (maybe a couple if we’re feeling brave) into a simple ensemble to add a great focal point.
1. Vince Camuto Zelco Patent Leather Cuff Bracelet: We love the bright pop of color and geometric detail on this modern bracelet.
2. BCBGeneration Indie Spirit Chain and Spike Ring: Edgy and thoroughly unique, this ring stands out on its own.
3. Roberto Coin Weaved Cuff Bangle: This chic investment piece is subtly bold and amazingly versatile.
6. Vince Camuto Charlie Leather Bib Necklace: Add this stunning bib necklace atop a simple blouse for maximum impact.
7. Juicy Couture Starlet Estate Gemstone Cuff: The art deco style of this stunning cuff makes it the perfect party accessory.
4. Christin Michaels Bali Ruffle Blouse, Not Your Daughters Jeans Angie Trouser Premium Lightweight Denim,rsvp Paige sling-back pumps, Jessica Simpson Prima Donna satchel, Kenneth Jay Lane Pretzel Cuff, Dogeared Jewels Circle Necklace
When it comes to picking an outfit for a date, most women tend to try on multiple ones before settling on the perfect look. I think staying true to your personal style is a great starting off point when building your date night ensemble.
Also, keep in mind where you’re going on your date. If you’re headed to a dinner at that fancy new spot downtown, you might want to opt for a dress and some sexy heels. If you’re doing a movie and a casual dinner, a pair of jeans and flirty blouse is just right.
Most importantly, make sure your date outfit makes you feel sexy yet comfortable. It’s all about feeling good in what you’re wearing! Everything else will fall into place.
© 2007-2012 Zappos.com, Inc.