These feminine shades layer over your favorite cold weather looks without overpowering, adding just the right amount of pop to your wardrobe.
Zappos Blogs: women's jackets
There’s no all-American staple quite like the classic denim jacket. Its iconic relaxed style is more versatile than ever before, thanks to its recent resurgence. There are plenty of fresh, modern versions of this beloved classic out there to incorporate into your wardrobe right now!
Seize the opportunity to get creative with your denim jacket with these three stylish layered looks:
A faux fur vest adds some serious glamour to the denim jacket. Instantly perk up the look with a statement necklace and opt for a knee-high lace-up boot with a stacked heel.
Give the denim jacket an edgy twist with the simple addition of a moto jacket layered over an oversized plaid shirt. A pair of faux leather leggings turns up the edge factor even more!
This tailored take on the denim jacket is perfect for a night out or the office. By taking refined separates like a black blazer and adding in a casual spin, you're getting a whole new way to rock a timeless classic!
Winter is just around the corner, so we've handpicked a few warm and cozy styles to get your winter wardrobe ready for the chill! From knit sweaters to fuzzy boots to stylish jackets, we’ve got you covered all season long.
Click through to see these and more styles to love:
Here’s an understatement—it’s been one cold November! In fact, it’s been the coldest November the U.S. has experienced in 38 years! Despite most of the country being swept up by a familiar friend, Mr. Polar Vortex, we’re choosing to look at the silver lining amidst this frigid onslaught. All this cold weather is the perfect excuse to shop for new coats & jackets!
Happy Well-Rounded Wednesday!
I grew up in Southwestern Pennsylvania, where this time of year meant 3 things:
- Football Friday Nights- Texas may think they have the market cornered on high school football fandom, but I think real fans fight frostbite to watch their team... when the snow stops blowing emough that you can actually SEE the field from the stands.
- Harvest Festivals- Apple cider, pear cider, peaches fresh off the tree, candied apples, and apple goodies galore, hay rides, corn mazes, and hot cider by a bonfire with your friends. Who can ask for anything more?
- Scuffing my feet through huge piles of leaves in friend’s yards or on the paths in the park (but not out in the woods, because that’s where everyone was hunting!)
These days, I make my home in Las Vegas, where there are still Apple Festivals (I’ve discovered apple donuts out here- BEST THING EVER!), Football Friday Nights, and with a bit of a drive to Mt. Charleston, leaves to play in with my kids.
This time of year also means new fall and winter gear. Now, every curvy girl knows that finding outerwear can be a real challenge- not only does it have to keep us warm, it also has to look cute, have a generous cut in the sleeve to allow for thicker arms covered by cozy sweaters, but it has to do all of this while NOT making a girl look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Woman.
Lucky for me, I’ve found some AMAZING pieces below that all do just that. So today, I share them with you! Have a great week!
Keeping the winter chill out is nothing to take lightly. But heavy, boring jackets and coats shouldn’t be an option when you’ve got a busy day braving the elements. Investing in a great quality jacket or coat is worth every penny because staying warm and protected never goes out of style.
We’ve picked out some of our favorites from our Zappos Outdoor Shop to get you ready to face old man winter in the best gear around:
Bundling up for the cold doesn’t have to mean boring, shapeless outerwear! We’ve picked out some of our favorites to keep you warm AND stylish all season long.
1. Patagonia Women’s Pelage Jacket: This is so soft and luxurious, you’ll swear it’s real fur.
2. Prana Tori Jacket: Infinitely more flattering than your average sweater, but equally as comfortable!
3. Prana Kari Jacket: Perfect alone or as a layering piece, this hoodie is a great update to your weekend ensemble.
4. Columbia Mighty Lite™ II Jacket: The stunning jewel color lends such a stylish vibe to your weekend outfits.
5. The North Face Avery Fleece Jacket: The belted waist gives you a more defined waist, while the soft fleece keeps you comfy and warm.
6. NAU Urbane Jacket: We love the modern, asymmetrical button placket of this chic everyday jacket.
NAU (pronounced “now”) is a sustainable outdoor apparel brand based out of Portland, Oregon. Their cool urban designs stand the test of time, while their use of sustainable, eco-friendly materials makes them a great choice for responsible nature lovers everywhere.
Check out their collection of wearable and stylish men’s and women’s outerwear this season!