1. Le Creuset of 4 Stonewear Cocottes w/ Cookbook, 2. KitchenAid 5-Quart Artisan Stand Mixer, 3. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, 4. Nordic Ware Snowman Cake Mold, 5. Calphalon Classic Jelly Roll & Brownie Pan Combo, 6. Emile Henry Le Grande 12" Pie Dish
One of our favorite things about the holiday season is the liberty to indulge in our favorite desserts. Diets can wait until the New Year! That’s what resolutions are for, right?
Why not get the baker in your life (or yourself) a gift that keeps on giving with some of the best baking tools around?
In the spirit of sweet indulgence, check out this delicious recipe for a classic pecan pie!
Irresistible Pecan Pie by IHART44
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup butter, chilled
4 tablespoons ice water
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed
1 cup pecans, quartered
1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To make pie filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, and then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm; let cool for one hour before serving.
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com®