Next weekend is a very exciting one for us here in Downtown Las Vegas with the debut of the city's first full-fledged music festival, Life is Beautiful. In honor of this momentous event, our stylists have put together some head-to-toe looks worthy of a weekend full of great music, art, food and friends! Check them out!
Zappos Blogs: The Style Room
As we happily dive right into sweater season, we asked Contemporary Fashion buyer Kristin for tips and insights on how to get the most out of one of our favorite go-to pieces for fall.
For more contemporary fashion, shop our new Coveted boutique on Zappos.com!
Costa Rica, Kauai, Jamaica… If the mere mention of these places conjure up idyllic images of lush green rain forests, humid summer days spent lounging beachside, and vibrant, exotic flora tantalizing the senses, then you’ll love one of the must-have trends this season—all things tropical.
From palm fronds to colorful floral prints, this trend is hotter than the equator in the height of summer, and it’s easy to see why! It’s like taking a little bit of paradise with you, even if it’s in the middle of the city.
Check out some of our current tropical picks below!
1. C&C California Tropical Panel Dress, 2. BB Dakota Stillman Dress, 3. Juicy Couture Lace-up Maillot, 4. Betsey Johnson Tropical Face Watch, 5. Juicy Couture Palm Tree Print Clutch, 6. Juicy Couture Palm Leaf Smartphone Case, 7. Mara Hoffman Drawstring Poncho, 8. Type Z Vanda Maxi Dress, 9. Blank NYC The Stick Shift Printed Skinny
From Coachella to Outside Lands, spring-summer is definitely filled with its share of music festivals. No matter how niche your musical taste may be, there’s a music fest out there to satisfy it.
There are a few things to keep in mind when dressing for these outdoor events (which can often span for days): comfort, ease of movement, and of course, great style. These music festivals are as much about being seen as seeing your favorite bands!
Below are just some of our picks for festival season. Our style editors also put together a couple of great head-to-toe festival looks on our SHOP BY page. Check them out!
2. DV by Dolce Vita Archer Sandals- Super comfy and classic. These go with just about anything.
3. Bedstu Shiloh Leather Backpack- This carries everything from your sunscreen to your water bottles in of-the-moment style.
4. Sam Edelman Petty 2 Ankle Boots- The low stacked heel makes these super comfy for a day of dancing.
5. Mara Hoffman Easy Dress-Tie this dress at the bottom hem to shorten and pair with ankle boots and a denim jacket for effortless style.
6. MINKPINK Electric Field Strapless Bustier- This pretty bandeau works perfectly under sheer or oversized tank tops and gives a little peek of floral.
7. Alternative Apparel Printed Meegs Camo Racer Tank- This tough-as-nails tank top looks super sexy on a hot, humid day out in the sun.
8. Genie by Eugenia Kim Edie Fedora- Protect your face from the sun with this on-trend number!
9. Free People Penny Lane Chiffon Dress- You’ll love how this bohemian-inspired babydoll dress twirls as you sway to some sweet tunes!
White is a color that a lot of women find somewhat tricky to wear, yet when done right, can be utterly flattering. As we see the light at the end of the tunnel from a barrage of deep, dark fall colors, now is prime time to infuse a little pristine white into your wardrobe! It’s easier than you might think.
Read more below for some tips to keep your look chic instead of clinical:
1. BCBGMAXAZRIA Nydia Cutout Tank, 2. Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip Clutch, 3. DL1961 Angel Ankle Skinny in Milk, 4. Chan Luu White Mix Wrap Bracelet, 5. 7 For All Mankind Kimmie Short Bootcut in Clean White, 6. Mara Hoffman Lattice Strapless Dress
*Accessorize with splashes of white. Try a clutch, statement necklace or a wrap bracelet done in white stones.
* Winter white doesn’t just mean stark white! Opt for variations of egg shell, vanilla or light beige if you’re looking for something less bright.
* Play with textures. When going for a monochromatic look, add some interest with white pieces in rich fabrications such as wool, cashmere, chunky knits and faux fur. This gives lots of dimension to a head-to-toe white ensemble.
*Opposites attract. The timeless pairing of white and black can create bold drama to your look. Try pairing a white shift dress with a pair of patent black heels for a great juxtaposition of light and dark.
*White jeans tend to scare off a lot of women. The trick is getting the fit right. If your legs are on the thin side, go for a skinny or straight fit that hits at the ankle to create the illusion of shape. If you’ve got fuller legs, you can still rock a white jean, but opt for a wider leg or a boot cut to slim and lengthen your overall leg line.
Black and grey have always been fashion staples, but this fall, these beloved dark hues take on a whole new (and dramatic) dimension! Done in rich leathers, faux fur, romantic lace and drapey knits, these dark shades become altogether elevated—going beyond basic to breathtaking!
Check out a few of our recent favorites below. And for even more must-have trends, shop The Style Room on Zappos.com!
1. Miha Double Layered Leather Jacket, 2. Bailey 44 Orientation Top, 3. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Ombre Faux Fur Coat, 4. Parker Leather Dress, 5. Autumn Cashmere Boxy Turtleneck, 6. Tucker Cascade Extravaganza Dress, 7. Velvet by Graham and Spencer Tempest02, 8. TBags Los Angeles Sequin Jacket, 9. BCBGeneration Open Back Lace Dress
We recently caught up with designer Rachel Pally to get the story on how she got started in the fashion industry:
In between shows and showroom appointments, we managed to squeeze in some much-needed people watching in two totally different locales during Fashion Week in NYC: Lincoln Center (the epicenter of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week) and the hip, brownstone-lined streets of Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Where the scene in Lincoln Center mid fashion week was more edgy and runway-inspired, Williamsburg had a decidedly more laid-back approach to style.
Here are a few of the fashionable guys and gals we met during our style-stalking sessions:
Left: Dapper dudes in chambray and sleek suiting. Right: Leopard print leggings tamed with a sheer, relaxed top.
Left: A lovely pair with mint lace and rich scarlet hues. Right: Rocking the collar trend along with an awesome pair of patent loafers.
Left: Denim + leather skirt + pops of purple = amazing. Right: A couple of stylish fellas rocking the cropped jeans with tailored pieces.
Left: Checkered suit and a cobalt bag. Need we say more? Right: Definitely in the running for best-dressed couple!
Right: White skinny jeans transitioning into fall. Left: Breaking up the neutral pieces with a pop of red denim!
Left: The chambray denim shirt done in an effortless way. Right: Another easy denim look we adore. Simple, casual, yet so chic.