Alex C., a Merchandising Assistant for the Athletic Performance Department, was recently recognized as the recipient of the MOQ (Merchandiser of the Quarter) award for Q3. It is given to an individual who consistently goes above and beyond what is asked to make everyone's life a little bit easier. We caught up with Alex and he shared some thoughts on the award, as well as a glimpse into the windows of his soul. Okay, it wasn't that dramatic. We asked him some questions and he thoughtfully answered them!
Congratulations, Alex! How does it feel to be recognized by your Content peeps?
AC: It feels amazing to be recognized by such an awesome team.
If you were mentoring a new Merchandising Assistant on your team, what one thing would you stress is important to a successful work relationship with Content?
AC: Appreciate, respect and understand your content team. Collectively, they are your right-hand man or woman.
Share with us the single most crazy-busy day you have experienced so far and how you persevered, WOWing those around you.
AC: My first day at Zappos was my craziest day here. Going from line showing to line showing, meeting to meeting and being introduced to so many new people that day, it was pretty overwhelming. I can honestly say though, without being cliché, staying calm and carrying on did get me through that day.
Having graduated from CSU-Fresno, you may or may not know Fresno is the fifth largest city in the state of California. Can you name five of your most favorite places or things about Fresno?
1) The Tower District! It's an awesome place to hangout, meet up with friends, grab a bite to eat, check out a show or have a drink at one of the awesome bars in the area.
2) The food! Fresno has great local spots that can't be beat! Not to mention the fresh fruit and vegetables that are grown in Fresno that go into the great local dishes.
3) Fresno also has great culture in both the art and music scenes. There are weekly and monthly art exhibits that rival those of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Fresno is also a destination for big music acts but is still rich in its great local music scene.
4) Being in the middle of California, Fresno is only a few hours away from destinations like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Yosemite, the Central Coast and my favorite, Disneyland!
5) Lastly, you can't talk about Fresno without mentioning CSU Fresno or as we call it, Fresno State. It's a great university and home to the Fresno State Bulldogs. GO DOGS!
What is your favorite word in the Japanese language?
AC: Ganbatte - Good luck
Finally, the big question! Rap luminary T-Pain, author Truman Capote and actor Tony Hale (Buster Bluth on TV's Arrested Development) all share a birthday with you. Of these three, whom would you most like to meet and why?
AC: Truman Capote. I'm sure he would have some very interesting stories to share.