Designed with luxury in mind, Melissa Odabash is the ultimate holiday lifestyle brand. As a former swimwear model, Melissa has a finely tuned sense of what women want from their swimwear: beautifully designed pieces cut from superior fabrics that make the wearer look and feel their best. Her exotic and sensual swim and beachwear are must-haves for the global traveler, and her eponymous brand has come to epitomize glamour and sophistication.
Zappos Blogs: swimsuits
Most women find swimsuit shopping about as pleasant as a trip to the dentist…for a root canal. So we’re so happy that Spanx has this amazing line of swimwear that not only looks sexy in a classy, ultra-feminine kind of way, but also doubles as shapewear!
These fabulous pieces lift, control and smooth your body to pool-ready, even if you haven’t seen the inside of the gym since pre holiday. It’s all in the fit and proportions, and Spanx swimwear flatters a woman’s body while camouflaging problem areas. You’ll feel confident and sexy at the pool or in the beach—and you’ll look the part!
Check out these real women talking about their amazing Spanx swimsuit makeovers:
As we look forward to warmer, pool-worthy days ahead, we’re starting to aim our radars on some pretty bold and fabulous swimwear out there. After being cooped up all winter long, there’s no better time to make a splash with swimwear that really make a statement.
Check out a few of our current faves:
1. Mara Hoffman Totem V-Wire: We adore the interesting take on tribal on this standout one-piece suit.
2. Mara Hoffman Embroidered Four-Strap Bikini: Animal print and rainbow colors work seamlessly in this spicy and sexy number.
6. adidas by Stella McCartney Swim Cover Up Suit: Sporty meets girly in this lavishly eye-catching one-piece suit.
The glam one piece swimsuits of decades past are making quite the resurgence recently, and we think it’s a pretty refreshing change from barely-there bikinis. What these swimsuits lack in skin-baring design, they make up for in retro-inspired glamour. They even double as pool party attire when worn underneath a beautiful coverup or sarong wrap skirt.
Left to right:
Juicy Couture Lacy Layers Ruffles Swimdress: The flirty ruffled skirt and ruched body on this swimdress gives it a nice dose of 1950s style. It boasts such ladylike glam worthy of St. Tropez or Cannes!
Ella Moss Solids One Piece: Brimming with sassy style, this sweetheart-neck one piece is totally darling.
DKNY Modern Deco Stripe One-shoulder Maillot: The bold stripes and one-shoulder silhouette give this an old Hollywood feel that’s undeniably show-stopping.
Ready to shake off that winter chill and ride the fashion wave? Then pack away those winter coats and pull out swimsuits with so much style you’ll stun your fellow sunbathers! Zappos.com can take you from the beach to the boardwalk and even beyond in breathtaking fashion this season. From modern monokinis to bold bikinis and everywhere in between, we have the very best styles and brands for every body and every budget.
This season it’s all about bold patterns, bright colors and unique silhouettes. If you’re looking for something a little funky, you might want to try an attention-grabbing monokini like the Smoothies Sexylicious One Piece by Body Glove® or the Santiago Summer One-Piece by Reef®, pair it with an ultra-comfy romper for a look that will take you from hot days to even hotter nights. For that girl who loves to create her own personalized poolside style, L*Space and Hurley offer a variety of solids and prints that pair perfectly for a look you can call all your own. If jet-setting to your favorite white sand beach is on the agenda this season, cut down on luggage space with our selection of reversible suits, showcasing pretty prints and simply stylish solids. Let our personalized picks take you from cold weather cutie to bronzed beach babe faster than you can say, “Another pina colada, please!”.
If you’re heading to Maui this fall or winter, you know you’re going to be hitting a beach. The beaches in Maui range from the famous black sand (volcanic ash) to perfect white sand, and even a red sand beach. They can also be full of tourists, since many of them sit in front of resorts or rows of timeshare condos and bungalows. For a change of pace, and just maybe a little space and privacy, don’t hit the Big Beach. Choose Po’olenalena instead.
Pronounced “po-oh-leba-lena,” Po’olenalena is a half-mile curve of soft sand with lava outcroppings at each end. It’s tucked away between the South Maui resorts and the Makena Big Beach. It’s better known by locals than tourists, so it’s quiet. This little piece of paradise in Paradise is great for bathing or playing, with water over a sandy bottom for swimming, volcanic and coral reefs for some of the best snorkeling in Hawaii, and perfect waves for surfing or bodyboarding. If you’re snorkeling, remember you don’t want to step on the reefs, and don’t want to touch the water life! It’s all fragile.
There is paved parking at both ends of the beach, and there are porta-potties and showers. There isn’t a life guard on duty, so be sure to swim or snorkel with a buddy, and if you bring your kids, keep a close eye on them. Because of the quiet, the view of sister islands, and the gorgeousness of the setting, Po’olenalena is slowly becoming a popular wedding spot. But don’t worry, there’s plenty of room for beach-goers!
In Hawaii, all beaches, including Po’olenalena are free and open to the public, even those right in front of hotels or resorts, so don’t worry about paying an entry fee. Take a beach tote like this one by Gravis, that’s both pretty and practical, and fill it with everything you need for the day. Slip on this Sexylicious One Piece from Body Glove Smoothies and don’t worry, from behind, they’ll think it’s a bikini! Keep your feet cool in these Chaco Flips from EcoTread, and you’re set for the perfect beach day.
You’ve heard about the health and fitness benefits of swimming, but what if you could also jump into the pool for an aerobic workout? Walking in water or treading water for several minutes at a time are great ways to build stamina and endurance; aquatic exercises actually help to burn lots of calories without over-stressing your muscles.
If you never feel like you have enough energy to work out, you may be a strong candidate for a water-based routine. Here are some of the top health and fitness benefits of walking in water:
1. Water walking helps slow down the aging process. The cleansing effects of being in water and getting a workout by doing continuous aerobic activities can have many benefits on your skin. You can release toxins from inside out and may even slow down the aging process as a result.
2. Resistance training is much easier in water. If you’re stuck in a fitness rut, you can dive into the pool for a much-needed resistance workout. Aquatic workouts use the weight of the water as resistance, which means your muscles have to work nearly twice as hard to perform each movement. Plus, you won’t ‘feel’ this workout like you would with a weight training routine at the gym.
3. Improved muscle tone within weeks. The invigorating routines used in water aerobics will revive untoned muscles and help you get stronger within a few short weeks. Just make sure you’re consistent with the workouts to make the most of each session.
4. Better sleep. Water exercises will increase your heart rate and make you stronger and leaner; the intensive workouts will also help to release stress and reinvigorate your mind and body. This leads to better sleep, so you can start looking forward to a good night’s rest.
5. Improved well-being. If you stick with a healthy diet, drink an adequate amount of water each day and keep up with a consistent routine, you’ll start to look and feel better in a very short period of time. A balanced diet, staying well-hydrated and getting regular exercise is essential for your health and a positive state of mind.
Ladies, swimsuit weather is upon us, well, at least on the West coast. There are bikinis, tankinis, vintage bikinis a la Bardot, and, of course, the uber sexy cut-out one-piece. However, we here at Couture were wondering, no matter how fabulous the suit, what does one do about the odd tan lines? How does one go from a cut-out to a two piece? Do you love ‘em or hate ‘em? Please tell us what you think. Really.
© 2007-2012 Zappos.com, Inc.