There’s no better time to wear pink proudly than the month of October! Show your support during Breast Cancer Awareness Month with these lovely pink picks:
Zappos Blogs: stila
The idea of “less is more” certainly applies to our summer makeup routine. Heat and humidity happen to be two of makeup’s biggest nemesis, so it’s best to keep your makeup on the lighter side.
The right products + the right application can really mean the difference between looking fresh-faced throughout the day versus a mid-day makeup meltdown (that’s never good!).
Below are some summer makeup essentials that leave you looking fabulous without looking too made up:
1. LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer - minimizes the appearance of pores and creates a perfect matte canvas for the rest of your makeup.
2. Cargo SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer-an oil-free formula loaded with skin-loving minerals and light-diffusing pigments to blur imperfections.
3. Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal- covers stubborn spots and dark circles with a smooth, airbrushed finish that's super blendable.
4. Stila Liquid All Over Shimmer- adds a soft, ethereal glow on the cheekbones and browbone.
5. POPbeauty No Show/No Shine Powder- a light-as-air powder that undetectably sets your makeup with a natural matte finish.
6. LORAC Tantalizer Highlighter + Matte Bronzer Duo- gives the face gorgeous contour for that coveted back-from-the-beach glow (minus the harmful rays!)
7. theBalm Instain Blush in Petal Pink - a long-lasting blush that withstands humid conditions...in the prettiest shade of pink!
8. Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Shadow/Liner in Smoke- the easiest way to achieve an effortless smoky eye that stays put way past dinnertime!
9. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Teal- creates a pop of sea-inspired color without being overdone. Perfect for pool days! TIP: Draw a thick line along your top lashes and smudge lightly.
10. Cargo Better-Than-Waterproof Mascara- won't run, smudge or flake off--even through the most humid summer days.
11. philosophy Kiss Me Color Lipgloss in Coral- finishes off your lips with a beautifully tinted shine that's never sticky. A real makeup bag essential!
Every DIY bride knows that it’s all in the details, right down to your wedding-day beauty regimen. Your wedding will be one of the most photographed events of your life, so getting ready for those close-up moments is definitely worth the extra effort!
Here are some tips for putting your best face forward on the big day:
Practice makes perfect: Just like if you were to go to a makeup artist, it’s important to do a “trial run” for your day-of makeup look. You want to make sure everything looks natural and flawless, and that your makeup can withstand the entire day!
Skin Prep: To get the perfect canvas, great skincare is key. Treat yourself to weekly at-home facials prior to the wedding. Stress can cause flair ups, so make sure to take extra good care of your skin during the hectic planning phase- exfoliate daily, eat a nutrient-rich diet of fruits and veggies, get plenty of sleep, and drink LOTS of water!
More is NOT more! : Keep your makeup simple and natural. You want to enhance your natural beauty, not mask it behind layers of makeup. The key is to look like you, but better.
Don’t overdo the powder or you’ll risk looking lackluster. With a big powder brush, lightly dust a sheer finishing powder to seal your foundation.
A few strategic strokes of highlighter/luminizer in the inner corners of your eyes, brow bone and along the cheekbones goes a long way in making you look fresh and glowing. Don’t go shimmer-crazy or you could end up looking like a disco ball in your photos!
Check out some of our bridal beauty picks below to help you look picture-perfect on the big day:
1. philosophy The Microdelivery Peel – an at-home microdermabrasion treatment that reveals smooth, glowing skin for your big day.
2. Cargo Better-Than-Waterproof Mascara- big, flirty lashes minus the smudging! This will last through wedding-vow tears!
3. philosophy The Present Invisable Skin Protector/Makeup Primer- a multitasking primer that gives a flawless, airbrushed canvas for foundation.
4. Deborah Lippmann "Shape of My Heart" Nail Polish- a pretty pale pink that’s perfect for the blushing bride.
5. Vera Wang Classic Fragrance Set-leave it to the queen of bridal gowns to come up with the perfect wedding-day scent—a modern, elegant and sensual floral that stands the test of time.
6. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Lionfish- this brown eyeliner with a slight shimmer gives a more natural look than black liner.
7. purminerals Eyeshadow Trio in Classic Beauty- a trio of easy-to-wear neutrals to accent the eyes.
8. Cargo Lip Gloss in Fresno- the perfect creamy pink pout that stays on with a high-shine finish.
9. LORAC Natural Performance Foundation- its gentle, paraben-free formula goes on smooth and lasts all day.
10. Cargo blu-ray Blush/Highlighter- a natural peachy-pink blush that brings out your cheek’s radiance.
11. LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer- keeps your eye shadow from fading and creasing halfway through the reception!
Ah, Valentine’s Day! It’s that time of year when love fills the air and romance takes center stage. Make it a special day to remember with a gift that will make your Valentine smile from ear to ear.
We carry everything from fragrances, jewelry, and even housewares to make that homemade dinner for two sizzle!
Check out a few of our picks below . For even more gift ideas (think outside the chocolate box and roses, guys!), visit our Gifts page.
1. Stila Deluxe Lip Glaze Trio, 2. Staub The Heart Cocotte, 3. Riedel Vinum Bordeaux/Cabernet Set of 2, 4. MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Small Travel Tote in Zinnia, 5. Dogeared Jewels "Somebunny Loves You" Necklace, 6. P.J. Salvage Eye Candy Lounge Sweater, 7. Hanky Panky "I Heart U" Thong Set, 8. Calvin Klein Eternity Gift Set, 9. La Mer Tokyo Crystal Wrap, 10. MOR Cosmetics Tickle Me Pink Set, 11. Juicy Couture Heart Stud Earrings, 12. Juicy Couture Love Bracelet
One of the easiest and most impactful ways to make a beauty statement is with a bold lip. This trend has been going strong for quite some time, and no matter what your skintone, there’s a vibrant lip color out there for you!
1. Lola UltraDrench Lipstick in Ambrosia, 2. theBalm Lipstick in Mia Moore, 3. LORAC Breakthrough Performance Lipstick in Icon, 4. Cargo Lip Gloss in Rio, 5. Deborah Lippmann Lipstick in Call Me Maybe, 6. Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color in Caprice
This fall/winter, vampy plums and burgundies were seen all over the red carpet and beyond. As we transition into spring, corals, magentas and fuschias are definitely making a splash.
When wearing a bold lip color, remember the following tips:
1) Keep the rest of your makeup to a minimal, you want the lips to be the focus.
2) A little bit of prep goes a long way. Line your lips with clear lip liner to keep the colors from feathering. A lip primer is also a great tool for locking in your lip color.
3) Exfoliate and moisturize your lips prior to application to avoid unsightly streaks and dry patches.
There’s only a mere five days left before Christmas! Can you believe it? If you’re the last-minute type, don’t fret; there’s still time to get some awesome gifts they’ll surely love!
We’ve rounded up a few great gift ideas that will make them smile. And they’ll be none the wiser about your last-minute gift shopping, thanks to our fast and FREE shipping! Happy gifting!
For Him: 1. Patagonia Nordic Scarf, 2. UGG Scuff Slippers, 3. Ray-Ban Small Aviator Sunglasses, 4. Anthony for Men The Weekender Kit, 5. Fossil Estate Leather Messenger Bag, 6. Smartwool PhD Snow Gallery Anthony Boronowski 3-Pack Socks
For Her: 7. Michael Kors Runway Chronograph Watch, 8. UGG Coquette Slippers, 9. Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Set, 10. Natori Purl Robe, 11. Echo Design Touch Gloves plus Earphones Gift Set, 12. Arhcipelago Botanicals Holiday Boxed Candles
Jenn from Stila shows you how to take your daytime look to evening with just a few key Stila products!
Jenn from Stila shows you how to achieve a natural and pretty beach-ready look:
Featured products (Make sure you stock your beach bag):