The weekend is finally here, which means it’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation. If you’re trying to get in shape this season, weekends are also opportune times for squeezing in a great workout. Those two days off can be well spent at the gym or undertaking a high-energy routine, but you probably won’t feel like pushing yourself too hard on your vacation from the office.
Here are some fun and easy exercises you can do that are not only enjoyable, but will also blast off several hundred calories per hour and the best part is, you can squeeze them into your weekend schedule with ease:
1. Rollerblading. Rollerblading is a great total body workout, a challenging routine that will get your hamstrings, thighs and glutes in great shape! Just strap on a pair of rollerblades and a helmet, and head out to an area skate park or biking trail for a fun calorie-burning activity.
2. Boating. If you’re the outdoorsy type, hit the lake on a canoe or kayak for a great upper body workout. Not only will you be giving your core muscles and abdominals a wake-up call, but you’ll also get a killer adrenaline rush that will keep you pumped all weekend long.
3. Cross-country skiing. Head out to the nearest ski park for a fun cross-country skiing adventure across the trails. You don’t need real snow to make the most of this adventure that will give your upper and lower body a serious challenge. This activity also burns several hundred calories per hour.
4. Running. If you’re used to hitting the treadmill all week, take your activity outdoors and go for a long run at an area park or down a biking trail. The change of scenery will do your body – and mind – some good, and you can team up with a friend or group of runners for a fun, calorie-burning adventure.
5. Swimming. Hit the pool for an energizing and fun workout that will get your body in tip-top shape. Swimming is a great way to give large and small muscle groups a vigorous workout, and it’s also a fun routine to look forward to each week.